Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring comes to Seattle early!


I was looking back through a journal from last year, and in February I wrote a poem about how bitterly cold it was. What a change this year! We're going on 2 weeks of pure sunshiney bliss. With that, I've been much more active than I normally am, walking around Greenlake (even jogging on Monday, much to my knees chagrin) at least 3 or 4 times a week.



Kevin and I planted the first of our garden on Monday. We decided to go with Oregon Sugar Pole peas this year, because they don't grow quite as tall as sugar snap peas. They should start poking out of the soil in a couple of weeks! It also looks like our strawberry plants survived the winter, which is a bit of a miracle since we didn't protect them at all!

Hopefully the gorgeous weather will continue, because I am loving getting vitamin D. It sure makes it tough to stay at work all day though!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hooray for Spring, and hooray for your blog! I shall put a link in my Friends & Family section. Love the pics!