In other news, I've decided I want to read 52 books this year. At the moment, I'm a little behind, but have no doubt I will catch up and average a book at week. And I would like to make at least 1/5 of them to be nonfiction, which is always hard for me to pick up. I love getting lost in a good novel, but tend to read nonfiction at a much more leisurely pace and with a novel alongside it! So we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited to give myself a little reading challenge!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Jackson Visit
Matthew and Terri celebrated their 3rd wedding anniversary last week (Happy Anniversary!!!!) , and to celebrate, they left Jackson with my parents and Nate with his dad, and had a couple days together without the boys. Kevin and I of course jumped at the opportunity to get a visit in with the families on Bainbridge, and loved getting to help babysit Jackson. Kevin sort of threw his back out at the end of last week, so he didn't get quite as much play time as he wanted, but he is now on the road to recovery and hopefully will actually be able to hold Jackson next time we see him! Not that he can be held for long! He is a crawling machine, and can stand up really well when he is next to a chair or couch, and is figuring out how to walk alongside things as well! He might be an early walker like his Auntie May May! He almost has a tooth out, you can definitely feel it when you put your finger in and he chomps on you, so it should rupture anytime now! And of course he's yapping away still, and is a terrific mimic! Here are some pics from our visit:


He has perfected the art of carrying toy in mouth to crawl elsewhere where he can continue to stick things in his mouth!
Trying out his new Phil and Teds clip on high chair. These things are great! He can sit at the table with everyone. Corbin has one, too, and it seems like such a no brainer when you have limited space or are traveling! And they get to sit with everyone!
Grandma couldn't resist this adorable rocking horse! He liked it for about three seconds, and then wanted to crawl some more!




We also had a great visit with Kevin's family, played some games and ate lots of good food! We've decided that we like our families too much, because it makes the idea of moving remotely far away very unpalatable! Not that we have figured out anywhere to go, but if the case came up, we'd be torn!
In other news, I've decided I want to read 52 books this year. At the moment, I'm a little behind, but have no doubt I will catch up and average a book at week. And I would like to make at least 1/5 of them to be nonfiction, which is always hard for me to pick up. I love getting lost in a good novel, but tend to read nonfiction at a much more leisurely pace and with a novel alongside it! So we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited to give myself a little reading challenge!
In other news, I've decided I want to read 52 books this year. At the moment, I'm a little behind, but have no doubt I will catch up and average a book at week. And I would like to make at least 1/5 of them to be nonfiction, which is always hard for me to pick up. I love getting lost in a good novel, but tend to read nonfiction at a much more leisurely pace and with a novel alongside it! So we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited to give myself a little reading challenge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Pretty cute little guy! Corbin has begun carrying his little green frog around like that too! Ha! 52 books! You are a brave woman! I just started Twilight last night...
Jackson has an excellent cheeks/chin combo.
I'm definitely not reading 52 books, but if you're struggling to find some outstanding nonfiction, I'd recommend Shadow Divers, because it's freaking crazy.
Hmmmmm, I've been avoiding Twilight, let me know what you think about it! I'm starting a book group this month, too! We're reading the Elegance of the Hedgehog first, and I am so excited about it! Now I have to hurry up and finish The Appeal!
I know, if those aren't Dewey cheeks, I don't know what are! They are so adorable! Thanks for the recommendation, I read his book Crashing Through and was floored by how good it was, so maybe that will have to be my next next book! :)
I like how he is carrying his pacifier while he crawls...so cute!
Not that it is any help with the non-fiction, but my parents both said that "The Book Thief" was a great book if you haven't read it. I will live vicariously through you. Reading 52 books!!!
Post a Comment