I LOOOOOOOVE getting advanced readers copies of books, it is one of the highlights of my job. I love getting to read a book before most people do, getting to form an opinion on it based solely on how I reacted to it, not whether it received any acclaim, or how well it happens to be selling. Just me, a book that catches my eye, and how it sits with me. Aaaaaahhhhh....I picked up a new one from David called Safer, which looks dark and intriguing. I'll let you know if you should pick it up when it actually comes out!
But the real highlight of my day came later. As a receiver, I open the boxes that come through our store, and one of the perks of that is when publishers send ARCs, I usually get first dibs on them. Well, let me tell you, I literally shrieked today when I opened a box, and beheld an ARC of the new Lisa Lutz book Revenge of the Spellmans!
(I must admit, I was also by myself when said shrieking occured, and I may have danced a little, too.) I devoured her first two books last month in about 5 days, and absolutely loved them! You should read them. No really, go get copies right now, and read them. You can borrow mine. You won't be sorry. The books are about a family of private investigators, who are a little kooky, a little dysfunctional, and very lovable. I laughed, I cried (yeah I know, I cry about everything!). I have been super excited for her third book to come out, which will be in March. That seemed oh so very far away. So right now I am a happy girl. I started it on the bus and am already 60 pages in. Very helpful on my reading quota!A fine way to start my weekend indeed. Though Kevin and I also decided to go see the new Friday the 13th movie tonight, which means I am never going camping again. Bummer. Anyway, this weekend we are sticking around Seattle, hopefully working on the garden a little, reading a lot, and I plan on finishing Kevin's scarf before it gets too warm to wear it!
1 comment:
What fun that you get all those great books to pour through for your job!
Post a Comment