Susan and Mark have rented a cabin on the beach on Vashon Island for the summer, and this weekend we all piled into the cars and headed over for a lovely three day weekend. Susan, Mark, Adam, Erin, Corbin, Neal, his friend Grey, Kevin, and I all enjoyed the lovely weather, and the awesome little cabin. Some of these pictures are from the last time Kevin and I went over, which I never got around to blogging about!

The cabins were built in the 1940's, and are wonderfully rustic! It was like a real cabin getaway!








This is the bicycle in the tree on Vashon. 'Nuf said!


There is a fantastic lighthouse on the south end of the island, and we got to go inside and look at the Fresnel lens up close!

Visiting a sweet little produce stand


Our little beach bum!



Mark, master griller!

Of course there were games!

And beer and friends!

Whoops, ran out of room in the cabin, so Kevin and I pitched our tent next door!







Cool teepee!

Learned how to play horseshoes, and I'm not half bad! But boy are my triceps sore!


Gotta love the Corbin faces!
It was a great way to spend time with the family! Tomorrow, Kevin, Adam, Neal, and I are headed down to Portland to see the Sounders play the Timbers for the US Open Cup. Hopefully we won't get beat up or have any beer thrown at us. Go Sounders!
2 comments:
I love that last shot! Fun fun weekend!
Whew, that was a photo extravaganza! I like the Beach Bum Corbin picture best. Good times!
Post a Comment