Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A little catch up!

I have this problem. I like to take photos. A whole lot of them. So when we go on vacation, say to Montana, and I take over 400 photos, it gets a bit overwhelming to choose which ones make the blog. Which is my way of saying, I'll get around to it, but not until the weekend probably! In the meantime, I'll share a little of what's been going on since we returned!

On June 27th, we headed up to Bellingham to see two of our childhood friends get hitched! Kevin has known Thomas since birth, and Jessica and I have known each other since we were 8 years old! :) They are a great couple, and we were so glad to see them exchange their vows in front of family and friends in a wonderful ceremony at the Bellingham ferry terminal. They had to scramble at the last minute to move everything inside, as it started dumping less than an hour before it was set to begin, but they pulled it off wonderfully, with everyone standing in the terminal watching as the bridal party came down the stairs. It was pretty dark in there, so I didn't really get any good photos, but it was a great wedding, trust me! :)
Thomas and Jessica during their first dance!

All dolled up! My boss was at the wedding, and he almost didn't recognize me in heels! I didn't recognize him in a long sleeve button-down shirt!

We played catch-up all week from getting back from vacation, took us days to get everything unpacked, and now I can't even remember what we did! :) But our garden went crazy while we were gone, and we had our first raspberry of the season!
And the first of the cherries! There probably won't be many more of these, but we'll enjoy the few that the birds leave us!
To celebrate the 4th of July, we decided to stay on this side of the water and headed up to the Edmonds Parade. It was, well, a little on the lame side. I love the island's celebration with all the food and the vendors, and most importantly, the mini golf! This one was just a parade and one sno-cone vendor and one hot dog vendor. It was a nice enough parade, but I think in the future we'll stick with BI or do something entirely different!
We needed to do something a little more, so we headed to the grocery and got stocked up on bbq supplies, and Kevin made us the most wonderful basil burgers with our first harvest of the summer's basil from the garden! They were possibly the best basil burgers I have ever tasted, and when topped with feta, it was a party! :)
And just to update, the chickens are doing well, they seem to love their coop, and are doing well roosting every night! :) It's hard to get a picture of all of them, but here are 4 of them anyway!
More to come later! We've been busy kids as always!

No comments: