Ugly paint, BE GONE!
I kind of already had it in my mind that I wanted the room to be a shade of blue, so it was just a matter of finding one we could both agree on! It didn't take too long, and we got paint for the walls, plus white for the ceiling since the previous owners had painted it the awful purple as well!
Sometimes gray...
By this time, it was late afternoon on Sunday, but you know how these things go: I wanted to get started since we had the materials! So we moved all the furniture out and started cleaning the walls and taping things off. Unfortunately, in that process of washing the walls, I discovered we have a crack in the plaster wall under the window that needs to be fixed. It looks like on the outside the window casement and the siding came separated and water was getting in there. We decided to just go ahead and proceed with the painting and we would fix it later when it's not raining all the freaking time! :) So we got a coat of paint on the ceiling and called it a night.
Sometimes purple...
Of course, for the next 3 days, we didn't come home after work because of various engagements, so the second coat on the ceiling didn't go up til Thursday, and the walls didn't get painted til Friday! We've been sleeping on the futon in our tv room all week. Oi! My back is ready for my bed again!
Presto, chango, BLUE!
Today we moved all the furniture back in finally!
I would like to change the curtains, they don't really go. Any color suggestions?
Since we had all the furniture moved out anyway, we decided we should check out the floors underneath to see if they could be refinished easily, since hardwoods are always preferable. We pulled up a corner, and they don't look too bad, though there was a sizable stain.
The blog also celebrated its 3rd anniversary last month! Thanks for reading everyone, and I hope to be more on top of the posts now that spring has arrived to thaw out my brain! :)
1 comment:
Thanks for coming back! I have really missed reading what you have to say. You really are a great writer! Keep it up!
Post a Comment