Sunday, January 29, 2012

A good reason to run

With the snow a couple weeks ago, and then the slush that remained for several days afterward, I lost my running motivation hard. But today, I put some new music on my phone, and got my butt in gear after Kevin reminded me that it was only going to rain harder the rest of the day.

I'm glad I did, and ran for 30 solid minutes today and then walked another 30. On Tuesday, I am registering for my first 10k, taking place in August. I am really excited and glad to have something tangible I am going to be training for aside from overall health and well-being.

A girlfriend and I are going to be holding each other accountable as well. We went shopping together on Friday, and decided that we really wanted to get these great pencil skirts together, but not until we fit into the next size down. It's another good goal, and I really really want this skirt!

As I finished up my jogging and started walking, I passed by this big tree in the park near our house, and was glad that I'd decided to take a longer route today. It looked so cool with the clouds behind it, I had to stop and hipstamatic it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read this....im not really holding up my end of that bargain am I......
Going to get my butt in gear!! Like, now! Pencil skirts, here we come! :) you really are doing a great job Meghan!!