Friday, May 30, 2014

Weeks 34-35-some of 36

Whoops, got a little behind!  The last couple weeks have been full of us getting the house ready for our little biscuit's arrival, lots and lots of growing belly, tons of hiccups, and guessing games of what limb is what!

Kevin has been reading to her most nights, and she just loves his voice!  She's starts this funny little shimmy when he talks.  When he puts his hand on my belly, though, she just goes still.  I'm hoping this means he will be a very calming presence for her!

She had a very quiet couple of days.  She was moving around plenty, but the movements weren't as jostling!  I decided to count her movements just to be on the safe side, and she's moving just fine.  I emailed the midwives with my "Is this normal?" query, and of course, as soon as I hit send, she's been nothing but a crazy dancing baby in there!  :)  Ha!  Tricky little lady!

We had our first home visit with one of the midwives yesterday.  Can't believe that starting next week, we will be able to have her at home!  The window is 37-42 weeks for a home birth, so just a few more days til we are in the green light zone.  Though, preferably she will stay in there at least until after June 18th, because we have a Sounder OPEN CUP MATCH to go to!  Wooooohoooo!  :)  We discussed good spots to put the birth tub, showed off the nursery, and listened to the little lady's heart beat.  She seems to be a tricky girl for "baby-mapping" as they always think she is on one side when the palpate my belly, but then when they go to find her heart beat, it is inevitably on the other side!  So while my chart notes this week say she was ROA, she was really LOA, just where she has been for several weeks now, and just where I'd like her to stay!  I also had to do my Group B strep swab, which hopefully comes back negative so I don't have to take antibiotics to start her life, but if I have it (like a good proportion of the population does) then we will roll with it and get some good pro-biotics going for both us ladies!

The nursery is officially cleared of all of our stuff, and only baby and birthing related things remain!  That felt really really good to get done!  I also washed all the clothes from newborn to 3 months, along with all the wonderful blankets and swaddlers and adorable little diaper covers.  It took FOREVER!  But now she's got a dresser bursting with the cutest little outfits and all the blankies a girl could ask for!

Speaking of clothes, how in the heck does one choose baby's first outfit!?  If she is born on the 4th of July, I'm covered, but otherwise, I just don't know!  It's a pretty big decision, right?  ;)

We bought a GIANT freezer last weekend, which will be delivered next week.  I'm really excited to start filling it up with some yummy meals to get us through the first few weeks!  Plus, having some extra freezer storage is something we've needed for a looooong time, and will be so nice to be able to stock up on fruits and meats in the future!  Plus, storing breast milk for when I go back to work.

We also met with Kate last night, which was great!  Went over some hopes for the big day, but mostly just visited.  Having your sister-in-law for your doula means there is a lot of side tracking into talking about family!  The kids are all so so excited for Frammy to arrive, especially Jackson!  Before Kate left to come over, he got all excited because he thought that meant that I had had the baby, and he was just itching to come meet her!  It's pretty darned adorable for a 6 year old boy to be this excited about his cousin!  We aren't really sure how much he really understands about it, but he loves his baby step sister Scarlett like no other, so I have no doubt he will be smitten with our girl as well!

I need to have more photos taken of me.  These gym selfies are not really what I want to look back on in the future!  I feel so good and I love my pregnant shape!  I don't think I've ever felt this confident and beautiful!  It's really wonderful, and I would like to have some more photos of me in real clothes!  So if you see me, snap a picture or two!  :)


36 weeks, and getting very slow at my 3 milers!

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +26...hrmmmm well we're almost done right?  :)
Maternity clothes? Yup.  
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: Not good at all. My hips hurt and I wake up at 2am almost every night and can't get back to sleep for a couple hours.  At least Fram keeps me company, Kevin just snores right through it! 
Best moment this week: Getting the nursery done!!!
Have you told family and friends: Yup
Miss Anything?  Not really this week.
Movement: After a brief period of not so much, she's been doing some excellent movements all week!
Food cravings:  Yup, still fried eggs!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: No denying it now!  People don't even think twice about asking me how much longer til she is born!
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Innie. Getting down to the last 1/4 inch or so though!
Wedding rings on or off? Took them off yesterday.  Not sure if I am actually swelling or if I was just hot, but I think I might just keep them off for the duration...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy girl!
Looking forward to: Still need to finish her blanket....but most looking forward to getting to 37 weeks and knowing we are good to go on her being born!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I sent you the photo from the baby shower right ?? It is one of my favorite photos of you! and you are looking very very good these days! A radiant pregnant woman!