Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Talia is ONE!

Talia Camille is a one year old! We have a toddler pretty much on our hands! We had such a whirlwind and wonderful weekend celebrating Talia with 2 giant birthday celebrations this weekend.  For now, a few stats on our crazy, smart, beautiful, hilarious little lady!

Talia one year ago!

Talia on her birthday, at 4:26pm, the exact time of her birth!



Talia had her 12 month checkup today.  



*20 lbs 4.5 oz, a little over 50th %ile
*30 inches tall, 78th %ile



Wow!  What progress, and what a tall girl we have on our hands! She's already in 18 month pants because she's so long!  I am so so pleased with her weight, it's just not even remotely a concern for us anymore.  Phew!



Talia has 7 teeth, 4 on top and 3 on bottom.  


She can sign "all done" and "airplane" easily.  She is not interested in anything else for the moment!


She is talking up a storm!  She says mama, dada, duh (dog, duck) bah (bird, bottle, ball) and dis/dat (this/that).  She is jabbering all the time, and you can tell she wants to say a lot more!!!


She has started to stand and let go of things for a few seconds at a time.  The longest she has stood is about 6 seconds.  I am really really excited for her first steps, and hope they happen in front of us and not at daycare! :)

She crawls, cruises, dances, and climbs a over the place.  She is great at going up stairs.  We are working on down...

She loves stuffed animals, and now her baby doll she got from her aunt Lauren for her birthday!  She likes to put blankets on then and pat them, like she's putting them down for naps!  She gives them all giant hugs when she comes home from school.   It's pretty much the sweetest thing in the world.

She loves to read.  If she has disappeared from a room, she most likely is pulling books off her shelves and turning the pages.  Her favorite is "That's Not My Monkey" followed by the "Edible Alphabet."  We read a couple stories before bed most nights, as well.  She turns the pages when asked.  

She loves putting things on her head that shouldn't be there, like blocks or toys, because she knows it makes me laugh! Her sense of humor is definitely coming out, and she is a goofus!!!

She is sleeping better at daycare! She usually takes one nap for an hour and a half there, and then falls asleep on the way home for 30-45 minutes.  At home, we've been struggling a lot to get her down without me nursing her.  Not sure what that is all about!

Night sleep has been okay...not great.  She wakes up at least once, often 2-3 times each night.  Kevin has to get up a lot more than he used to, for sure!  I just don't have the energy now that I am working to do it all at night, I need the help.  He's been really awesome about it.  We are trying something new where he takes the first shift and we don't feed her, because if I go in she absolutely wants to be nursed and she really doesn't need to be at this point.  Plus, if she doesn't wake up again til early in the morning, I can try to just get up with her instead of bringing her into bed with me to get a little more sleep.  So far that part hasn't worked out.  She is waking up around 5-5:30 a lot, and that is really early if I've already been up with her twice! So it's a process.  The good news is she sleeps with both of us much better than she used to! ;)

She isn't as adventurous an eater as she used to be, but that's okay.  We just keep trying to offer things! She's crazy for all things cheese and berry.  She doesn't really like most veggies, so that's hard.

We started giving her cows milk with meals last week or so.  She's not super into it, but is drinking a little more each day.  Which is maybe an ounce or so!  So not much, and definitely not replacing breastmilk at this point.

Speaking of which, we freaking made it a year of nursing!  There were a whole lot of days where if you'd asked me if we would be breastfeeding at a year, I would have laughed (well cried, more like it!) but here we are, still going strong!!! It was my goal to at least make it one year, and I am so proud of our whole family for getting here.  It really was a team effort, I never would have made it without Kevin's unflagging support, even in the hardest days.  I know it wasn't easy for him either, so this is just as much his hard work as mine in a lot of ways.

I've been thining a lot about weaning these days.  I'm definitely over pumping while she's at school.  I'm going to keep it up until August when I go back full time, but after that I want to start dropping a pumping session every couple weeks until she's completely on dairy during the day.  I am perfectly happy to keep nursing her at night and in the morning though, so hopefully my supply will keep up enough to keep her happy to do that!  I'm not ready to give up the cuddles (and extra sleep) that those sessions afford us!!!  We shall see, Talia may have other ideas about what she would like to do!!!

Happy birthday to the greatest girl I know!  Talia, you have rocked my world foenthenlast year, and I can't wait to see what the next year brings us!  I love you so much!!!

No comments: