Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baseball season has begun!

Kevin and I went to our first Mariners' game of the season on Tuesday. It started out beautifully, the sun was high in the sky, Kevin caught a ball during batting practice, and the M's flag was flying in first place!



And the game was fun, although rather sloppy. Until JJ Putz (my second love) came out and gave up a homerun to lose the game. Thunderstruck did not pump him up I guess, so he decided to go and get some rib injury...sheesh! And after the sun went down it was COLD!!!!!



Now the flags are reversed, with Mariners occupying the last place position. We'll just have to enjoy that picture and hope that it comes back around again soon! We won tonight!



Go Mariners!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you two would venture out there before Saturday. I'm super excited to get to a game--it's too bad Erin won't be able to make it. Dweezy needs some Safeco time.

It's a good thing they won today. The last thing I want is for them to meet my expectations.

And I still like George Sherrill, even though he kicked our asses fairly handily.

Meghan said...

Yeah, I'm excited to go Saturday, too, especially since it's supposed to be super nice out! And George will always have a place in my heart!