Kevin and I decided to embark on a life-long dream for the both of us this evening. For many years now, we have both wanted to make Louisiana gumbo, and tonight, we did it. Holy smokes, that stuff is spicy!
We used yet another recipe from Eating Well magazine. (I really oughta get paid for mentioning them so many times!) We used all organic ingredients, except for the okra and habanero peppers, neither of which were available organically. We also used homemade chicken stock! Yummy! One of the habaneros exploded in the pot, so infused spice was a bit of an understatement. Yowza!
All in all though, I give this recipe 5 stars. I am ready for another bowl as we speak, now that my mouth has cooled down.
2 comments:
Gosh I love gumbo.
You guys have to go to the Cajun restaurant with us some time. Gumbo, jambalaya, and fried oyster po' boys. Scrummel.
Congrats on the life-long dream. Just keep checkin' 'em off.
Mmmmmmmmh, cajun restaurant...I'm in! :)
Post a Comment