Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bridal Shower

So my awesome future mother- and sister-in-laws, Susan and Erin, threw me a fantastic bridal shower this weekend! We went to Blu Water on Greenlake for a terrific brunch and fun games and present opening and all in all good times! We all had a great time, and I got to see some people I hadn't seen in forever. My friend Taylor came all the way up from Vancouver, Washington! We hadn't seen each other in at least 2 years, so what a great surprise as I was walking toward the restaurant and see her and her fiance standing there looking at me! At first I wasn't sure if it was just coincidence, but it all came out that she was here for me! Yay for awesome friends!


Taylor, Nikki, Erin, Me, Lauren, Terri, Jackson, Susan, and my mom! Kristi was there too but had to leave early, and there were several people who were there in spirit! Thank you ladies!

And speaking of awesome, Erin is freaking 9 months pregnant and drove down from Bellingham and organized it! Thank you so much, you are inspiring my dear! And my sis-in-law Terri just had Jackson a few weeks ago and came out too! What great friends and family I have! I felt really loved and lucky to have such amazing women in my life.


Lauren and Terri hard at work unscrambling wedding related words. Lauren won, and received a great bag of goodies! (Technically, I whooped everyone, but for some reason the bride doesn't get to win the games! Hehe! I love words games!)


The darling nephew made a guest appearance, so I of course got completely distracted by him! Seriously, could he be any cuter?!

A mere 56 days till Kevin and I tie the knot! We are getting really excited and have so much to do! Thanks to everyone who made it to the shower and for your thoughtful gifts! I've already used some of them! (Well really, you can't give me crafting supplies and then think I am not going to open them the second I get home, can you?!) Thanks again everyone for giving me such an awesome day!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yeah! I am glad you had fun. It was nice to meet some of your women friends who are a part of your life! And you looked fantastic and glowing, as any bride to be should! I of course forgot to give you your invitation, so it will come in the mail after all :-)