This was to be my weekend of nothing. I don't think we have had a single weekend at home since before the wedding, and I was ready to have absolutely no plans! Which is not to say that I did nothing, because I seem to be incapable of sitting still these days!
Friday night, my friend Danielle came over to watch the presidential debates and eat some of our leftover lasagna. It was nice to have someone else there who has the same political outlook as Kevin and I have! We had a good time watching them and looking forward to November 4th!
Saturday, Kevin and I went on a field trip for his hydrology class to Ravenna Park. We had never been there before, and it is a really wonderful park with great trails through the woods. We learned all about how paths affect waterflow, and I got to meet some of his classmates for the first time! I can't wait to go back and do some more exploring!
Then Saturday evening, we headed over to the UW for my first ever Huskies football game! My boss's dad had some extra tickets, so Jeff and his girlfriend Kate joined us for a gloriously beautiful evening, if a bit disappointing on the football field! They lost, and Jake Locker broke his thumb! They are now 0-4...yikes! But I still had a great time, and the weather and company and views couldn't have been better!




This morning, while Kevin got some studying in, I headed down to Ballard for
Sustainable Ballard. I got to see some great booths about gardening, transportation, energy, recycling, and had a great time wandering around! I also made a couple of pledges while I was there. One was that I will have at least one food item for Thanksgiving that is locally grown, which shouldn't be terribly difficult since we already eat a lot of locally produced food, but I urge any of you who haven't considered this to give it a whirl! There are many delicious foods that are grown in our area which would love to grace your table for Thansgiving! Let me know if you'll try it, and I will help encourage you!
I also pledged to use less car-based travel. Again, this isn't too hard for me since I don't actually drive, but I think I can cut back even so, by not taking the bus when I can walk, or Kevin and I trying to walk or bike when we might hop into the car. I got some free bus tickets for making my pledge, plus a goofy "undriver license" which is ironic. :)

There was also a great area in the library where you could use old fabric scraps to sew a bag to cut back on grocery bags. Again, we already use reusable bags, but I had a blast making one anyway! I was going to donate mine, but it turned out way to cute!

This evening my parents were heading over to see my brother's family, so Kevin and I tagged along! I couldn't pass up an opportunity to see my nephews! Jackson is getting so big and strong! He's kind of sitting up, but he is too interested in reaching for things so he falls over a lot! He also has been trying out some solid foods! How exciting! Kevin and I will be giving him some of our homemade applesauce next time we see him. Yum! It was really nice to see everyone, we had a nice dinner and visit!

1 comment:
Someday I'll see an onsides kick with 1 minute left in the game actually work. At least Stanford's defense was almost as bad as the UW's, so the game stayed close.
And Jackson is so different from the last time I saw him, 2 months ago at the wedding. The way he moves those legs, he seems like he's going to be jumping before he's even walking!
Post a Comment