Since 1982, the last week in September has been a celebration week of banned books. I was looking through some information this evening, and many of the most challenged books are ones I have loved and treasured! So, to mark this week a little belatedly, I am going to read at least one book that has been challenged in the last year! Anybody else? Tell me what you're reading! From the list of most challenged books in 2007, I have already read 6! Thus, I will be reading Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes.
For more information, visit the ALA website, and the Banned Books Week website. Happy Subversive Reading!
2 comments:
I loved Olive's Ocean! Maybe I will check that list out!
I feel like a chump, because I forgot to get it at work on Friday! Hopefully they have it available at the library, or I guess I'll just have to extend Banned Books Week!
Post a Comment