Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More fun from an historic night!

I am still finding myself welling up with tears and getting goosebumps when I think about how truly monumental last night was for America. I still don't seem to have anything eloquent flowing through my mind to point to just how I feel, but in my heart I know that I witnessed last night one of the GREATEST moments in history. That is pretty overwhelming! So I'm going to go with the age old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words!
Showing my Obama/Biden love at the start of the afternoon

Election day cupcakes! We had balloons and streamers and posters, all around election fest decor!Even the pizza got patriotic!

Joanna, Kevin, me, and Jessie await the results!

Kevin was our numbers guy. He kept us updated with the electoral college votes, and we updated our big map 'o the USA!

Me and Danielle, our lovely hostess!

Obama pile!

Updating the map, we had little pictures of each candidate on their respective color and placed them on each state as they came down. This was putting up the last of the states that were called last night!

Everyone gathered around the tv to hear our President Elect make his first speech!!!

Break open the champagne, Beth!

CHEERS!


Final view of the map before the end of our wonderful evening! What an incredible night, and an incredible journey it has been! Food for thought: This is the first election I have voted in that my candidate is the winner! Yay Obama! Okay, 'nuf said!

No comments: