Well, we have had quite the week with this crazy weather. On Thursday, my morning commute started with a long, long wait for a bus to show up. Finally one did, and for some crazy reason the driver did not take the snow route. We then slipped and slided all the way down Fremont Avenue, with a lot of very tense people aboard. But we made it, and headed onto Aurora, which was not nearly as icy and snowy. When we were almost downtown, there was a truck coming down one of the side streets, and from my vantage point at the very front of the bus, I could tell that he was not going to be able to stop coming down the hill. It was like slow motion, me yelling that we were going to get hit, and then the long scraping sound of the truck along the whole length of the bus. His whole front end was mangled, but luckily it was a slow enough speed that no one was hurt. There happened to be another bus behind us, so we all piled onto that one and made it into downtown. Yikes! What a morning! I ended up leaving work early that day and yesterday to make sure that I could in fact make it home. I didn't really want to do anymore urban hiking!
Capriel's brother was one of the students aboard the buses that were hanging over I-5! He's okay, but what a scary thing to have happen!
Then this morning, we awoke to frozen pipes. Booooooo! We have cold water in our bathroom faucet, and our toilet still flushes, but no hot water. I am ready for a shower.
However, we have had a very nice time with the snow as well, going for walks through the neighborhood to enjoy the Christmas lights, and today we went sledding at Woodland Park. BEST SLEDDING EVER! It is fully awesome! Here is a video of the nearly one minute ride we got!
The next time down we negotiated that last bend and made it all the way to the bottom, probably added another 20 seconds to the ride. Woowee! We are excited about more snow to make it a little less bumpy of a ride.
3 comments:
WOW!!! What an awesome sled ride! I wish I could join you!!
We welcome any and all to join us tomorrow for some more wicked rides!
Meghan,
I am so glad that you liked the paintings! That was really sweet of Kevin...
Thanks for the sledding video too, being where it is 60 degrees on Christmas just feels wrong! So it was nice to get a glimpse of winter fun.
Post a Comment