We had a fantastic Christmas visiting both our families on the island. It was really nice to have a few days at home, we felt like we got good visiting in with just about everyone! The only person missing was Nate who was with his dad for the holiday. This was me and Kevin's first time spending all of Christmas together, and it was very nice! In years past, we would spend the holiday with our own families and get together at some point in the day to exchange gifts with each other. This year, Kevin stayed with my family on Christmas Eve and most of Christmas day, and then the rest of the weekend at his parents house. It was very different for both of us, but I am glad we have figured out a way to spend time with both families and each other!
We both got many excellent gifts, favorites being the awesome digital camera from Susan and Mark, and fly fishing rods from my parents! Hooray! We love the new camera, and can't wait to go fishing! I also got a sewing machine, which is very exciting and I can't wait to relearn all the skills I learned in my high school Fashion class! And Kevin got me two exquisite paintings from Erin's good friend
Kelcey, which I am totally and completely in love with! The perfect gift!
Back to earlier in the week, we enjoyed much sledding in the vast amounts of snow! Some of our friends from high school were all in town and braved the elements and crazy buses to go sledding on the awesome hill near our house. I think everyone thought it was well worth the hassle of getting there! Some photos from the week:

Me and my boys!

And the whole gang!

Notice my husband contorted in the background...pushing people off jumps, not always the wisest decision!

There I go!

Christen gets a stylish push from Danny!

This poor, crazy hummingbird's food was frozen!

Prettiness!

Jackson and I get some face to face time

Hanging out with his favorite present, a bear teether/rattle from me and Kevin! So cute! Corbin got one, too, shaped like a frog.






Off the Kevin's parents, where a darling Corbin arrived!

Fancy picture style on the new camera

Neal made us all awesome pizza!


We had a great time, and are looking forward to ringing in the new year tomorrow! Thank you to our families for a wonderful Christmas!

Oh, and I finished a sock! The other one is nearly complete, and they are a gift for Susan! I am very pleased that I can make socks!
1 comment:
It looks like you had a great Christmas! I am impressed by the sledding, the pizza, AND the sock!
Post a Comment