Sunday, August 2, 2009

100th Post!

It's been the hottest week ever. Most of you know that, since you live here, but for those who do not reside in PNW, let me tell you, it has been nothing short of sucky! Our normally cool basement apartment decided that it had had enough of keeping us comfortable, and stayed in the mid to upper 80's inside all week, while outside we sweltered in upper 90's to the mid 100's on a couple days! OUCH! Talk about hot! Not only are we not used to heat like this, but we are not prepared in the way of fans and fancy air conditioning units most places, so we had to get creative in staying cool.

One genius way is to ask my parents to come save us in their boat and sit in the middle of the Puget Sound on the hottest day ever recorded in Seattle. It reached 103 degrees! My bus was 112 degrees in the afternoon! So Kevin and I picked up Totem Fish and Chips in Ballard, and met up with Mom and Dad at Shilshole Marina! We headed out onto the water, and it was incredible how quickly the temperature (and in direct correlation, my mood!) changed! Whew, I want a boat, too!


Don't I look darling in my nautical clothes? :)

Yeah, I love my parents' boat!






After cooling of for a couple of hours, my parents dropped us back off at the marina and headed off into the sunset back to Bainbridge. And what a spectacular sunset it was! The one upside to the heat, perhaps? Kevin and I headed down to Golden Gardens with the masses to catch some more refreshing breezes and check out the vibrant sunset. Beautiful way to end the evening!






Also, our garden is crazy! Anyone want some cucumber?!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Yes, yes, take our cucumbers! It's still too hot for my liking, I'm rooting for a high of 75 one of these days.

Susan said...

A delightful way to spend a hot day or night! Looks like fun!! and Yes, I love your nautical look, Meghan!