This last weekend, Kevin and I held our oldest nephew Nate hostage and took him out to the cabin on Vashon Island for a couple days. He has had a very full summer, including a month in Illinois visiting relatives on his dad's side of the family. He just got back last week, and has subsequently spent very little time with his parents since all his aunts and uncles and grandparents missed him so much! So after spending a few days with Grandma and Grandpa D on Bainbridge with his friend Avin, I picked him up on Friday from Bell Harbour to begin our adventure!
We got a sort of late start on Saturday morning after a breakfast of Froot Loops. I haven't had those since I don't even know when, and let me tell you, I finally get why adults don't eat cereal like that. It was nothing but poofy sugar bits! And yet, delicious. But we still have nearly a full box that I don't know who will eat!
Kevin's mom had stayed the night at the cabin on Friday, so she was there to greet us! Nate almost immediately headed to the awesome rope swing, and I hit the hammock!



Kevin tests out a sweet ride...with flat tires.


Of course there were Horse Shoes. And Bump. And Wiffle Ball. I was very sore after this weekend! Keeping a 10 year old occupied can be a little taxing when he wants you to do everything with him!



The boys went for a boat ride while I caught up on some reading.
We had awesome basil burgers and grilled squash for dinner, with cookies for dessert. We hit the sack pretty early since we played so hard! We woke up late, having slept a full 12 hours!!! This was the gorgeous sight that greeted me.


Don't let the pout fool you, this kid was ecstatic to eat bacon and eggs for breakfast!

Had to show Nate the bike tree!

After playing some more bump and wiffle ball, and having a nice lunch, we cleaned up and packed up to head back to the city. Matthew and Terri invited us to dinner at their place, and we enjoyed spending the evening with them and getting a little Jackson time in!

Those curls are just too much! So cute!

I was the recipient of Jackson's first kiss! Gotta teach him that tongue is not appropriate at this stage in his life, but it was exciting that he is giving them out now! But apparently only on his own terms, as seen above!
A great trip, and we can't wait to spend more time with our little men!
1 comment:
Love all these pictures of you guys! It's fun to catch up with you via the blog.
Luv Ya!
Aunt Kim
Post a Comment