Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yellow Plums Make My World Go Round

Over the weekend, Kevin and I cleaned his parents tree out of all of the plums that would have otherwise gone to the deer or rotted while they are on their vacation in Utah. I LOVE yellow plums. They are a most fantastic treat, especially straight from the tree when kissing on my husband! Kevin prefers his on the hard side, very tart, while I like them when they are just about to fall off the tree and super sweet! We picked a ton, and since they were all nearly ready to rot, we had to do something with them quickly!


When life gives you plums, make plum sauce!


Just peel the skins, moosh the flesh off the pit into a bowl, add a little sugar and some cinnamon, and enjoy! We froze a couple pints worth to savor the flavor later this year when yellow plums are the stuff my dreams are made of!

2 comments:

Adam said...

"straight from the tree when kissing on my husband"?

What the hell kind of blog is this?

Kevin said...

Too bad we weren't there a week earlier so I could eat some tart plums. Delicious, though, along with the peaches and tomatoes we nabbed there, too!