Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey Day!

We headed to the island to spend Thanksgiving with my family after work on Wednesday. But first, Mr. Midge made his amazingly scrumptious pies! Two pumpkins and an apple, so beautiful, so delicious!


We arrived at my parents house on Thursday morning for a big family breakfast. Most everyone was there and awake for it, and we enjoyed hanging out with the munchkins before dad, Kevin, and I got down to the serious business of cooking Thanksgiving dinner!
Jackson got his first haircut last week, doesn't he look so handsome!? His curls were over 7 inches long when straighten out, it was definitely time to let them go. He looks like such a big boy now! And see Joe in the background, first time I've seen him for 5 months! He had a great trip to Europe, and I'm so glad to have him home!


My happy little guy! He finally said "ball" on Thursday, that was a tough one to get him to say. I think he is playing us all, and he can actually speak full sentences, but he doesn't think we are worthy of hearing them! :)
So cute! I love my little men! Nate has his first girlfriend!

Jackson loves coloring, although I think he likes throwing the crayons most! And he does it lefty sometimes!

The whole family minus me! We had such a wonderful dinner, and really enjoyed everyone's company. This was the first time we had to have a second table, our family has grown so much in the last few years, but we haven't all been together! It made it a lot more comfortable!

Kevin and I both had to head to work early on Friday, which was rough, but now we are back on the island at his parents' house, cooking up another round of Thanksgiving dinner while they drive down from Bellingham Thanksgiving with Adam, Erin, and Corbin. We're sad that we don't get to see them for Turkey Day, one of the drawbacks to alternating which holidays we spend with each family. We'll get the hang of it! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. " -Proust

2 comments:

Adam said...

Big breakfast on Thanksgiving morning? Sounds dangerous. How will you stuff yourself silly?

Missed you guys for game playing. Maybe we'll see you in a couple weeks?

Meghan said...

big meaning lots o' people! :) stuffing silly was had, no worries! We missed you guys, too, hopefully we can get a little visit in soon!