Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More Holiday Cheer!

We awoke Saturday morning to the news that we were going to have a second Thanksgiving celebration with Kevin's parents, who were heading home from Bellingham. We were charged with the task of getting the turkey started, and between us and Neal, I think we did a mighty fine job! It was a beautiful turkey, and tasted awesome, too! We stuffed it and everything! Yay us!

Not bad for our first try! It was nice to have a no pressure attempt, as everyone has already had Thanksgiving round 1!

Kevin learning the ways of hacking, ahem, carving the turkey!

Stir that gravy sir!

Voila! Dinner is served! What lucky people we are to have so much family and love to share! Thank you to Susan, Mark, and Neal for celebrating with us!

On Sunday, Erin drove down from Bellingham with Melissa and Joanne, and we girls all headed off to make wreaths at Bainbridge Gardens, one of my favorite new traditions! I love getting to spend a bit of time with Susan and enjoy all the the wonderful clippings from her gardens, and at the end of the day, I get to take home a wonderful wreath!
Erin, Melissa, and Joanne take a break from the wreath extravaganza. Joanne is a record pace setting wreath maker, and Melissa kept stride right with her. Susan, Erin, and I are a bit slower, but I still managed to get two wreaths done this year!


Wreath #1 for my door

And Wreath #2 for my mom and dad's door!

We headed back to Shoreline Sunday night, after we picked out and cut our tree down from the few remaining trees from the Christmas tree farm that Kevin's family had when he was young. Kevin and I love to decorate our tree, sip a little eggnog, and listen to tons of Christmas music! Our tree looks perfect in our new house!


I like this, Kevin looks like a giant!




Sadly, my wreath does not get to hang on the front door as I had daydreamed about, because when we went to put a nail in, we discovered that the door is actually metal! Whoops! It has found a nice home next to the door though, and I am pleased with how festive our house is beginning to look! Now to get started on all the shopping!

No comments: