Now, onto the good stuff! The weekend before last, Kevin and I headed up to Bellingham for Corbstravaganza! Adam and Erin had asked if we could babysit for the weekend while they headed up to the Olympics in Vancouver. Check out their adventures here and here! We were super excited to have so much time with the little guy!
He's so much fun to be around, and is talking like crazy. He strings 2 and 3 words together now, and I am constantly amazed at what things he has learned since we last saw him. So up we went on Friday night, and had a great time playing with Corbin. We played soccer, chase, read lots of stories, snuggled, jumped around, and got completely and utterly worn out! Toddlers are a whole lot of work, in case you're thinking about getting your own! Hate to break it to all those waiting with baited breath for me and Kevin to have one, but babysitting is an extremely effective form of birth control for us! We were so exhausted each day that when Corbin went down for naps, we did too!
He says that. :)
It was a super fantastic weekend! Corbin seemed to really have fun with us, and we love every minute we get with him!
Then on Friday, we decided to take the leap and head up to the Olympics ourselves! We hadn't felt like we could justify the cost of the tickets for a long time, but after Adam and Erin had such a great time, Kevin started surfing around for tickets, and got us into the bronze medal curling match for women. China versus Switzerland. It was excellent! We stayed at Adam and Erin's on Thursday night, and then bright and early headed up to Vancouver for the match.
We ended up getting shorted out of a couple of ends of the match when China took a commanding lead with a 4 stone end! They won the match 12 to 6 in 8 ends. It was really a lot of fun, and we would love to learn how to curl. There is a curling rink right near us, so we're thinking about heading there sometime soon!
After the match, we wandered aroun Vancouver to see what there was to be seen. I don't know if it was the rain or what, but there just wasn't a lot going on. But we had a good time anyway, ate some great Indian food, and took in the fact that we were at the WINTER OLYMPICS! Huzzah!
We really wanted to see the short track competition that evening, so we headed out to Pacific Coliseum to try and buy tickets from someone. It was far too popular an event, however, and the scalpers wanted $350 a ticket! Way over out price range! We kept hoping for someone to just be trying to get rid of them, but no luck. However, Shani Davis, the US speed skater, stood right next to us briefly before he headed into watch the competition! I really wanted to get a picture, but I got shy and also really didn't want to bother him when he was clearly just out enjoying himself. I'm kind of kicking myself, but at the same time, I just think it's so cool that I stood next to him! :) We had a great time, and are so glad we decided to go up. It's not everyday that the Olympics are in your backyard, right?
Speaking of Olympics, I fell short in the Knitting Olympics last night. I tried, but I just couldn't get the last 10 rows of my project finished in time. I'm disappointed, but the reason I didn't finish was because I went to the actual Olympics, so that's a pretty good excuse if you ask me! It was a real challenge, and I look forward to trying again in 4 years! Maybe I'll knit something Russian!
Speaking of Olympics, I fell short in the Knitting Olympics last night. I tried, but I just couldn't get the last 10 rows of my project finished in time. I'm disappointed, but the reason I didn't finish was because I went to the actual Olympics, so that's a pretty good excuse if you ask me! It was a real challenge, and I look forward to trying again in 4 years! Maybe I'll knit something Russian!
1 comment:
Maybe in 2012 you can make a nice simple British scarf and finish it on the first day!
Post a Comment