Last night was probably the best New Years Eve celebration I have ever had! Kevin and I have never been really on the ball with planning anything, and often end up just having pretty low key celebrations with each other and maybe a couple close friends, or in years past we have been on family trips of snowshoeing and cross country skiing and have been too bushed from a heavy day of exercise to stay awake! Both of which are fine in their own way, but since NYE fell on a Saturday this year, we were really hoping to make the most of the ability to sleep in on New Years Eve and then have all day to recuperate on Sunday!
Robin, Kevin, and me eating some yummy nachos!
Like the best laid plans, we didn't really have any plans at all! We got together with our friend Robin to play disc golf in the afternoon, then planned on having some dinner and joining our friend Tristan and his girlfriend for an evening at a country bar in Green Lake. Well, we went to dinner at Mama's Mexican Kitchen (get the nachos! mmmmm!) with some of my girlfriends, and were having such a blast that we didn't want to separate from that group!
Love my girls!
So we continued on with Jennifer and Lucas to another bar, then up to their adorable apartment on Queen Anne with an incredible view of the Puget Sound. A couple of their friends joined us, and we all walked up to Kerry Park to watch the Space Needle fireworks show. I've never watched the NYE fireworks except on tv, and it was such a blast to be surrounded by hundreds of merry-makers ringing in the year together! This has definitely been a year of both Kevin and me stepping out of our comfort zones in social situations, and it was nice to finish strong! A kiss at midnight, a round of toasts with new friends and old, and then a walk back down the hill to play a game of Bang! to finish off the evening!
The best part of every year is this guy! :)
We stayed up way too late, slept on a couch, ate naughty food this morning, and I couldn't be happier with how it all went! We came home this morning, and I made some excellent Hoppin' John loosely adapted from the
Pioneer Woman's recipe, and then we headed to another friends' house to play cornhole, watch some football, and continue starting this year right!
I'm still thinking about my resolutions and goals for the year, which I think I will post tomorrow, but you can bet that flossing my teeth every day, reading more books, and running will all figure in! Hope you had a wonderful New Year celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment