Friday, January 17, 2014

17 weeks

Can't believe we are almost halfway there!  In some ways Kevin and I feel like we have been pregnant for ever, but in other ways I have been having mini panic attacks about how quickly he or she will be here!  We have definitely been taking advantage of our remaining DINK (dual-income, no kids) status by going to tons of movies, dates, and looking forward to our last big trip together before baby arrives to Tucson in a few weeks!

This week has been pretty spectacular!  We had a midwife appointment on Tuesday, which went swimmingly, and even better, we finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat!  At the 12 week we couldn't hear it, and then at the ultrasound they didn't do anything with sound, just visual, so Kevin and I have been greatly anticipating hearing it!  And it was just as amazing as I thought it would be.  Even though we have seen the baby on ultrasound, somehow hearing the little lub lub lub going twice as fast as my much slower heartbeat was so exhilarating and made the whole thing seem much more real to me this week!

I've also very suddenly popped a belly!  Over the weekend it was definitely starting, and now here we are at Friday and I can no longer suck in my gut.  There is for sure a little pot belly.  And it is high (so you know, must be a girl) ;)  When the midwife went to examine my uterus, she was saying that it would probably be 3-4 finger breadths below my belly button.  I lifted my shirt, she placed her hand on me, and went, "Oooorrr, 1-2!"  This kid is ready to show the world it is on its way!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what organizing we need to do to get our house ready, with little action so far.  I think that will be our big priority this weekend, along with watching the SEAHAWKS game!  Have a whole lot of books and crafting items that I need to pare down to what I really use!  And Kevin has some major garage organizing to do!



How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -3 pounds.  Almost back to pre-pregnancy weight!
Maternity clothes? None yet, but I will be doing some shopping this weekend!
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: Pretty well!  Still conking out at 8:30 almost every night, and needing to pee A LOT!
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat!!!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Fried eggs....I'm going eat so many in July!
Movement: Nothing this week
Food cravings: I really wanted an Arby's roast beef sandwich with cheese yesterday...still want one...gonna try to move past this craving though!  I've never in my life eaten at Arby's so don't really know where that came from!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Seem to be moving on from that, though smells and uncooked meat still make me queasy.
Have you started to show yet: Yep!
Gender prediction: Feeling a girl this week!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender!  Made our ultrasound appointment for the beginning of February!

No comments: