Monday, February 24, 2014

22 weeks update

I can hardly believe we are now heading into the latter half of the pregnancy!  Every day brings a little more fullness, a more excitement, another wave of slight panic...Perfectly normal, right?  This week was a fun one!  Framboise is kicking up a storm now, and I feel her pretty much all day long.  It's so nice to feel her moving around, it's definitely the thing that has made this feel the most real to me.  Yes, I still have many moments where I think, "Really, we are having a BABY?  What?!"  :)  

This week found us putting together the crib, scoring a bunch of baby clothes and other gear from my awesome sister-in-law Kate, who will be keeping our girl in cute duds forever since she has 3 girls of her own we will be getting hand-me-downs from, and just generally basking in our enjoyment.  
Kevin trying on a baby sling at my brother's house.
The baby doll was named "Heavilyn" by my 7 year old niece!  Ha!
He looks good with a baby on him! 

The crib is up!  Now we just need to find places to put all the crap we have strewn about the nursery :)
I love love love how the crib looks with the orange walls, and the room is so cheery!

The biggest news of the week was that Kevin for sure felt her kick!  He had previously thought he might have, but wasn't sure if it was just me jolting his hand.  But this weekend, he definitely felt her!  It was pretty exciting for us.  

He is continuing to be the most amazing man.  He makes me feel beautiful and calm, and just about turned me into a big pile of goop this weekend when he mentioned how it's crazy how much he loves someone he has never met.  I'm truly a lucky woman to have found such an incredible partner.  :)

I also bit the bullet and bought some more maternity clothes this week.  I'd been struggling to get through my work week in anything comfortable, so it was great to go get a couple more pairs of pants.  A girlfriend who is about 7 weeks behind me and I decided that we will probably do a swap of clothing at some point in the pregnancies so we can mix up our wardrobes!  

Most of all, I found myself daydreaming a lot about my little girl, wondering what she will be like?  Will she have green eyes, will she have curly hair, will she be funny, what will her favorite food be, how crazy will she think her parents are (answer: extremely)?  I just am so excited to meet her and find out all about this little person who will be part me, part Kevin, and all herself!  

I also finally got back to the gym!  Ugh.  Even though we have been somewhat active, taking looooong walks, going hiking, etc., I've been feeling pretty slothy lately.  It was good to get back, and I am going again today.  While my endurance is definitely slowing down, just getting in an hour workout where I break a sweat makes me feel so good!  And finally gave me a chance to get a comparison belly shot!  I think this might have been the last week for the neon shirt, it was definitely riding up the whole time I was working out!  


Starting to look, feel, and waddle like a pregnant lady!
How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +6 pounds.  Hmm, guess I get to eat more avocados this week ;)
Maternity clothes? Yep!  I may never wear regular jeans again!
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: Mostly well, though having some strange late night dessert dreams!
Best moment this week: Kevin feeling her kick FOR SURE!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Back to missing fried eggs like crazy!
Movement: YES YES YES!
Food cravings:  Not particularly this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, it was a stellar week in the tummy department
Have you started to show yet: Yep!
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but my belly is definitely rounding out!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: More growing and kicking!

No comments: