Sunday, February 16, 2014

Oh Oh, We're Halfway There!

21 weeks!  It's really starting to fly by now!  Of course, the biggest news of the last 2 weeks is that we are having a GIRL!!!!!!!!!  We are so thrilled and bewildered and excited and full of love and happiness, it's hard to put it all into words.  We went in for our 20 week ultrasound last Tuesday.  I had been feeling like it was a girl for a couple weeks, referring to Frammy as "she" and just getting an inkling.  But of course, I convinced myself that since I felt like that, then it MUST be a boy.  I was gonna be happy either way, but a boy just seemed like the logical option.  Dewey's and Shaffer's are good at making boys!

Waiting for the ultrasound to begin, full of excitement!
So we were in the exam room, and we had a great sonographer who asked whether we wanted to know the sex.  Of course we do, are you nuts?!  :)  First he puts up some shots of her face, and I just completely melted.  My baby was up there, and it was so so cool to see her little face, her hands hanging out, sucking her thumb.  It was magicical.  Then he moved down to the pelvic region, and in my mind, I'm thinking he's going to say it is a boy.  So when he said, "It's a...GIRL!" I let out quite the yelp of excitement and confusion!  He said, "Oh, are you surprised?" and I begin crying and laughing "yeah, really had convinced myself otherwise!"

Then we got to check her out for almost an hour, just gazing at our sweet girl and learning all about her!  She is doing great, everything is looking very healthy and normal, and growing at the right speed.  She doesn't appear to have inherited her father's giant cranium, so I can thank my lucky stars for that one!  :)

Unfortunately, they sent us home with a blank disc, so we don't have the video of her, but we managed to get a disc of the stills from them later.  Will have to get us through the next 19 weeks, since we won't see her again until she is born hopefully!!!

We also took off for a fantastic trip to Tucson, which will have to be shared in a separate post if I can get up the energy!  But more excitement with Framboise during the trip occurred!  We were snuggled in our hotel room one evening watching ice dancing on the Olympics, and I felt a distinct little kick in my tummy!  I didn't say anything for a minute, but then it happened again, and I told Kevin about it and he just had the biggest grin on his face.  I can feel my girl!  I've been feeling her lots more.  It feels exactly like you might imagine a tiny tiny human kicking you in the abs might feel.  I absolutely LOVE it!

In fact, I am pretty much loving everything right now.  I keep finding myself breaking into smiles and giggles.  I love being pregnant and seeing my body change and feeling my little girl growing.  I love the way it is expanding me and Kevin's relationship in ways we didn't know were possible.  I love thinking about what a wonderful daddy Kevin is going to be (and boy oh boy is he in trouble with 2 ladies he will love to pieces in the house!)  I love how Kevin has to look and touch my belly every chance he gets.  This is an adventure we really weren't sure we wanted to take for a while there, and now that we are headed down this path, I am so so glad that things have worked out the way they have.  I feel full of love and happiness, and while I may not be "glowing" on the outside, I sure am on on the inside!
This is as close to a belly shot as I have for the last couple weeks...ahem, yes I need to get back to the gym...

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +6 pounds!  Umm, we ate, a lot, in Tucson... :) 
Maternity clothes? Pretty much exclusively now.
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: It's hit or miss these days.  My hips are really bugging me at night.
Best moment this week: Ultrasound! Kicking! Heartbeat!  How can I choose!?
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? A cold one in hot Tucson was very appealing...
Movement: YES YES YES!
Food cravings:  Gimme gelato!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Had another little puking this morning.  Weird things set me off.
Have you started to show yet: Yep!
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In, but Kevin says it's not as deep.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: More growing and kicking!

No comments: