This was a fun week! First in non-Framboise news:
New chicks! We went out to the Bothell Feed Store on Wednesday and picked out three new little hens. We went for Black Austrolorps this time. They are supposed to be excellent layers and easy going. Our plan is to get a couple new ones every two years from now on so that we won't have to suffer through another winter without fresh eggs!
![]() |
| No names yet, we will wait for their grown-up feathers to come in so we know who is who! |
These girls are really funny! They are eating a TON! Every time we look in on them, they are furiously throwing food down. We think these ones must have already been a few days old when we got them, because their big girl feathers are already growing in! They are hanging in a big box in our living room this week, and as soon as we clear some stuff out of the garage, they will move out there for nearly 2 months. I love having baby chicks in the house. Their little cheeps are the cutest!
In Frammy-related news:
This week we had a midwife appointment. I am measuring 27 centimeters across the uterus, which is just about on target! Funnily enough, women generally measure within 2 centimeters of the weeks along they are. So since I was 25 weeks, it would be expected that I would measure somewhere between 23-27. Clearly she is growing just fine!
Our midwife also let us know that she is in the transverse position right now. Nothing to worry about at this point, as she is still small enough to turn complete circles in there. Basically, it means that she is laying down across my belly, rather than having her head pointing down toward the cervix. She's just really chilling in there, and taking all the room I'll give her at this point. Hopefully she will move into a better position in the next month though. :)
Her heart rate was 140 bpm, perfect! And my blood pressure was great, too! Everything seems to be moving along very healthily. Next visit I will take my glucose test to see if I have might have gestational diabetes. I decided on the fruit punch flavor, hope it doesn't gag me too much! I think I should be good, my weight gain has been very steady, and I have been eating pretty well through the whole pregnancy with just a few poor decisions days thrown in there (read: Red Robin...)
We also saw her move from the outside for the first time last night! It was pretty surreal to suddenly have my abdomen lurch! Provided excellent entertainment for the evening.
Yesterday, I hung out with a sick nephew while Adam, Erin, Eliza, and Kevin went to the Sounders game. It was rough not being snuggly with him, and I am hoping I avoided his germs! Erin also brought us another excellent load of baby clothes! It was fun going through them this morning and remembering seeing Corbin and Ellie in them when they were babies! Plus, the very first hat I knit was in there! Then we had everyone and Kevin's parents over for a great dinner. It was fun to have everyone here, talked lots about our girl, and had a good visit before K's folks take off for a month of travel abroad!
We also had another doula interview, which was fantastic. It made our decision a bit tougher to have 3 super awesome people to choose from, but in the end, the right decision was obvious to us both. We are going to use our sister-in-law, and I am beyond excited to have her here for the birth of her first niece!
![]() |
| Got in one good workout this week. It was another CRAZY week! |
Total weight gain/loss: +12
Maternity clothes? Need more! Already tired of everything! :)
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: This week was not great. My hips are starting to bug me, and it is hard to turn over!
Best moment this week: Seeing her kick from the outside!
Have you told family and friends: Yup
Miss Anything? Susan brought over some smoked salmon that I was pretty sad to have to pass on!
Movement: So much! I love feeling the little pitter pats all day!
Food cravings: Nothing stands out this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: I think I've officially passed into the "she's definitely pregnant" phase!
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On. No swelling at all so far!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Did have a couple moody days this week for the first time, but I blame that on an extremely stressful couple weeks at work.
Looking forward to: A quieter week! We don't have anything on the calendar except Kevin's tutoring, and I am looking forward to so much needed down time with him the rest of the week!



1 comment:
I thought about the salmon too.... so sorry! But it appeared, the boys enjoyed eating your part! You are staying awesomely on task!! :) HUGS!
Post a Comment