Sunday, May 4, 2014

Catch up! Weeks 30, 31, and 32

Oh dear, I've gotten quite behind!  I'd meant to post a separate blog about our trip to the San Juans a few weeks ago, but we have been insanely busy!  Literally have gone entire weeks where we only have one night off together.  Far too busy, and it doesn't look like it will be easing up until June!  Yikes!

So to play a bit of catch up!  I decided to treat Kevin to a trip to the destination of his choosing for a long weekend getaway that I planned.  He has done the planning for pretty much every trip we've take in 14 years together, because I despise trip planning.  So I decided as a nice treat to him, I would do the let work this time!  He picked going to the San Juans, so I found us a sweet little cottage near Friday Harbor, picked a good weekend, and off we went!  He made it easy on me by not having to take a plane anywhere! :)

We had a wonderful time, relaxing, eating lots and lots of good food, taking hikes around the island, enjoying sunshine, and then loving the excuse to stay snuggled in our cottage when the rain came!  We needed the chance to just get away from everything and decompress! I'll post more pictures this week!  Promise!  :)

Checking out the dock at English Camp

Mother of Dragons!

Jackson's Beach, you can see out cabin behind me

Waiting for the ferry home

Me and my love!
Since we got home, we've mostly just been busy little bees with soccer, tutoring, appointments, visits with friends, getting little projects done here and there!  It's amazing how it all just adds up to not having much time for each other.  But we've also had a whole lot of fun, and certainly enjoyed the sunshine last week here in Seattle!  It was HOT!  Which also made me very thankful that my little lady is coming in early summer, because I was definitely overheated much of the week!  Now we are back to cool and rainy...not ideal either, but much more comfortable!

Walking along Alki on one of the 80 degree days!

This weekend was lots of great fun!  We had our baby shower!!!  My sister-in-law Kate and my brother Matthew hosted, and my mama-in-law Susan and other sister-in-law brought all kinds of yummy food, and it just was so much fun to have a house full of people so excited for the arrival of Framboise!  There were fun games, including Pin the Sperm on the Uterus, which ended with me being blindfolded and pinning my egg to a sperm to determine the winner; a bottle chugging contest (which I guess I won. but as the guest of honor passed along the glory to an actual guest!) plus hilarity when reading everything K and I said while opening presents back to us as if it was the night of conception.  Read: "Oh my god, it's so cute!" and "Oooooh nipple cream"!  As you can imagine, there was a whole lot of laughter!

I'm ever so thankful to have such a loving and supportive family surrounding us, and so many stellar friends!  It was such a great day! I don't have any pictures, so I am hoping someone who did take some will pass them along to me!

We followed that up with our niece Isabelle's First Communion.  She looked so beautiful and grownup, and while Kevin and I are not cut from the same religious cloth, we were so glad to be part of her special day and support this lovely young lady!  I'm constantly amazed that somehow she isn't blood related to me, because she is seriously my mini-me in so many ways!


Today we had our first birth class with Kate!  It was fun and informative, and gave us a whole lot of information we didn't know.  I'm feeling really good about our decision to have a home birth, and looking forward to seeing what I do in labor to get through it all!  Kate will also be my doula, so this is also a really great time for Kevin and I to see her in her professional setting, and I am really glad we made the choice to have her with us!

We had a midwife appointment on Thursday which went swimmingly!  We are measuring 32 centimeters at 32 weeks, heart rate still up in the 140 area, and we got a really good listen this time!  She is also now in the LOA (left occipital anterior) position, which is JUST WHERE WE WANT HER!  :)  She is just doing perfectly well, and so am I!  I'm feeling really healthy, my back pains have mostly subsided, and while my activity levels have decreased a bit in the last couple weeks, that's more to blame on finding time to get to the gym than anything else!

She is super active, especially a bit after I've eaten, right when I lay down to go to bed, and she is now my 5 am alarm clock!  Seriously, I don't think I would need to set an alarm, she is so regular!  It's pretty remarkable.  Kevin and I have been enjoying (and feeling somewhat weirded out) watching my belly do weird bulging and wiggling.  We will hit 50 days til due date tomorrow, and 33 weeks on Tuesday, so things are starting to really fly now and feel real!  Lots more work to do ahead of us, but we are feeling ready in so many ways!

How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +21.  Looks like I won't be keeping it under 25 pounds, but I'm okay with it.  We are both doing well, that is all that really matters!
Maternity clothes? Yup.  Got a bunch of clothes at a swap the other week that weren't technically maternity but sure work for it!
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: So much better now that I have a body pillow!
Best moment this week: Our lovely shower!
Have you told family and friends: Yup
Miss Anything?  Not really this week.
Movement: Lots and lots!!
Food cravings:  Yup, still fried eggs!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: No denying it now!  People don't even think twice about asking me how much longer til she is born!
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Innie. Getting down to the last 1/4 inch or so though!
Wedding rings on or off? On.  No swelling at all so far!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy girl!
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery organized.  Gotta find places for all the fantastic loot our girl got!  :)

No comments: