Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 29, and breathe!

After my tumultuous emotions last week after failing my one hour glucose test, it sure was a big big big big relief to get the all clear this week!  Holy smokes, I sure got myself worked about it! :)

I went in for the 3 hour glucose draw on Wednesday, after spending the previous 4 days paying the most attention to what I ate than I ever have in my entire life!  I was looking at every carb ingested and trying to balance it out with enough calories from other sources, and I have to admit, flying blind it was not easy!  But Tuesday night, I had a great big beef and broccoli stir fry (with a pretty teensy amount of brown rice) and then a piece of toast smothered in peanut butter, and off to bed I went to fast until noon the next day!

My test began at 9am, and I was not feeling too bad, hungry but nothing horrible.  I'd gone into work for a couple hours in the morning, sipped water, and just tried to keep myself busy so I wouldn't think about it! :)  The first 2 draws were pretty painless, and I watched a couple episodes of Parenthood to keep myself distracted.  By the 3rd draw at 11am, I was definitely hungry!  But still didn't have that awful feeling you often get when you go to long without eating.  I think my nerves were playing a big role in keeping me going!  After the last draw at noon, I was pretty pumped to get the heck out of there and get some food in me!  I immediately shoved a string cheese and banana down, and then started walking back to work.  I got about 2 blocks before I got super woozy.  Hmmm, best take a bus the rest of the way!  I got on the bus, and broke out into the worst sweat and shakes I've ever experienced!  I originally had thought I might just head home, but I didn't think I actually would make it the hour ride.  So to work I went, much to my boss's surprise!  Once I got some more food in me, after about an hour I started feeling better and ended up working for a couple hours.  Headed home a little early, but nothing egregious! :)

Then it was the waiting game!  I knew my results wouldn't come in until Thursday morning at the earliest, so I basically was compulsively checking my email from the second I woke up!  Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long, got the email from my midwife at 10am saying, "All is well, you passed!"  And then I danced a jig around my office, called Kevin and burst into my patented emotional tears, and felt an immense weight lift off my shoulders!  Phew!!!!!!  I couldn't be happier!

Lessons learned:  Don't eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich the day of the one hour draw, and if you do happen to fail it, DON'T PANIC, remember the numbers are in your favor!  Hindsight is 20/20, right?  :)

The rest of the week was pretty fantastic!  We went out for ice cream that night to celebrate, a rare indulgence for us, and then Friday, Kevin and I headed to the ballpark for our first Mariner's game of the season!  It was King Felix night, so we got free t-shirts, a fantastic crowd, and the W!  Woohoo!

Finally an XL t-shirt I can actually wear!  :)  We also snagged a couple mediums for after I am no long sharing my body!

Nothing better than baseball with this boy!  He was pretty cute looking at all the little ones there with their daddies and getting excited to take his little lady to a game soon!

This weekend, we've been busy with various projects, Kevin has been diligently working away on getting the dresser for the nursery painted, I did a bunch of yard work yesterday (my back is protesting much today!) and I did some shopping for birthing supplies.

Framboise has been a pretty busy little lady, too, squirming around, and her latest trick is pushing with an incredible amount of force with an elbow or a knee against my belly.  It is a truly bizarre sensation, and Kevin and I had fun laying together feeling her rolling around together!

After babysitting my 4 little munchkins, we all went out for pho, and Jackson and Carlee couldn't stop trying to feel Fram!  Jackson actually got kicked in the head when he was hugging me, but he didn't notice :)

We are coming to the home stretch!  We will be 30 weeks on Tuesday!  Holy smokes, where is the time going?!  I need to get some paperwork in order in the next couple weeks, like our birth plan, insurance stuff, finding a pediatrician, etc.  I'm looking forward to this week, no tests to pass!  ;)  I'll be attending my first midwife appointment solo this week, which will be different!  We knew it would happen at some point, but I'm a little sad Kevin won't get to hear her this week.  But, we are now on visits every 2 weeks, so at least he doesn't have to wait too long to hear her again!

29 weeks
How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +16 (lost a couple pounds from stress at the beginning of the week, gained them back promptly though, so no net gain)
Maternity clothes? Got told I looked "ADORABLE" at Fred Meyer today, so that was nice!
Stretch marks? Just the ones I already had!
Sleep: Oh how I miss sleeping on my tummy!
Best moment this week: NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!!  The Fram-Biscuit and I can process our sugars!  Woo!!!
Have you told family and friends: Yup
Miss Anything?  See tummy comment above...
Movement: Lots and lots!!
Food cravings:  Yup, still fried eggs!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: No denying it now!
Gender prediction: It's a GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Innie. 
Wedding rings on or off? On.  No swelling at all so far!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy girl!
Looking forward to: Our weekend getaway to San Juan Island this weekend!  It's my birthday present to Kevin, and I am so looking forward to a few days away with him in a new place!

No comments: