Friday, December 26, 2014

6 months!!!

I have a 6 month old child! That is fairly nuts! Time is flying by with my baby.  I saw a quote a while back about motherhood: The days are long, the years are short.  I can very much relate to this now.

Talia one month ago!

Talia today!

So many new things with this little munchkin!

*She is starting to sit up for several minutes at a time on her own before toppling over.

*She is beginning to think about scooting around, but hasn't found the right motivation.

*she started solid foods today!  We gave her rice cereal with breastmilk, and will move onto some puréed veggies in a few days.  She LOVED eating!  She snarfled up the whole bowl!

*She is babbling like crazy!  Her favorite is "mah mah mah" but she throws in some "dahs" and "gahs" for good measure.

*She can pick up and grab absolutely anything.  She transitions from each hand really well!  And everything goes into the mouth.


*She loves her mama, and will cry when I walk away from her.  It's at once endearing and exhausting!!

*Her eyes are still bright blue!! And her hair gets blonder all the time.  

*She had a great month of weight gain!  As of Monday, she was at 13 pounds 8.5 ounces, which is in the 9th oercentile.  We will see next week at her 6 month check up if she keeps it up without me being on fenugreek.  I didn't pump much last week after nursing her, but I'm trying to get back in the game now that the holidays are winding down.  I'm trying to keep a clear head about it, and really be open to supplanting with formula if she falls off her curve again.  I'm still working hard to keep this up though!

*She was an excellent little traveler on her first flight!  We went to California for a week for work for Kevin, followed by a train trip to visit Uncle Robin and auntie Thao!


*Still no consistent rolling over.

*And no signs of any teeth! Phew!

*Sleep continues to be extremely difficult to come by.  She will only nap for 30-40 minutes at a time during the day if I'm lucky.  At night she either goes down and stays down for insane lengths of time, or she screams for hours on end and will not give in!  We feel like we have tried everything short of cry it out, which we aren't super comfortable with.  I'm just so glad I'm not working this year so I can sleep in with her in the mornings!  Coincidentally, she likes to sleep in, so I'm lucky there!



*She is such a super smiley happy baby! Except for sleeping, she rarely cries, and generally goes with the flow! 

*She loves reading books with us! Which is good, because she got a whole lot of them for Christmas!!!

*She's the most awesome and delicious little lady ever, and I'm so glad I've had her for 6 months!






No comments: