Tali is GROWING!!! We have had a couple weigh ins, and last Thursday she was up to 14 pounds 12 ounces, which out her just about in the 15th percentile! So since the end of Novemeber she has gained nearly 4 pounds and climbed her way up from the 3rd percentile, and we are just so so pleased! We are only giving her an extra bottle occasionally, so I seem to have gotten my supply up well enough to be doing most of the gaining from our nursing! Yay!!!!
Other exciting things:
*This girl is a roller! Back to front, front to back, and starting to figure out how to turn around on her tummy. No signs of crawling yet, which I'm really looking forward to. I think it will help ease her frustration levels to be able to get around on her own!
She can sit up on her own extremely well. She can usually catch her balance if she starts to fall, though not always, and that has led to some tears, but no real bumps. She's starting to figure out how to go from sitting to her tummy.
Eating solid foods! Though we are currently battling another bout of constipation, she LOVES eating! She's tried rice cereal, baby oatmeal, avocado, sweet potato, peas, bananas, and tonight prunes! On the menu this week is applesauce (homemade by her daddy over the summer from our own apples!) and spinach, and if I'm feeling adventurous, beets! She loves grabbing the spoon to feed herself, and is starting to understand "more" and "all done" when we sign them.
She's waving bye bye, and will sign nurse while I'm breastfeeding her! She doesn't seem to sign to ask for milk yet, but it doesn't seem far off!
We took her swimming for the first time yesterday! She wasn't exactly thrilled with it, and was very clingy, but was starting to loosen up a bit by the time we were done. The pool was pretty chilly, so that didn't help! But we got a 10 punch pass, so we will be back to try again soon! Doesn't she look so adorable in her little swimsuit?!
She loves reading still! Kevin reads her a few stories before bed every night, and she just loves it! I've been letting her playground with books a lot during the day, she's always so happy to touch the pages and babble away!
Sleep continues to be a mystery! She's fairly consistently sleeping through the night, which is awesome and amazing! And by that I mean upwards of 12 hours straight a lot of nights! However, she continues to be really difficult to put down some nights, screaming for really long stretches, nothing consoling her! She also is still a terribly napper. She almost always only sleeps 30 minutes at a time, but occasionally will sleep for an hour or an hour and a half, with no rhyme or reason! So we still have to do 3 to 4 naps a day just to get her through to bedtime, and she fights most of them for 30-40 minutes! So I'm experimenting with having her stay awake a bit longer to see if that stretches the naps out any. So far, no consistency! :)
She is talking up a storm! Her main babble is "a dah" which we joke is her exclaiming "hot dog!" She also loves clicking her tongue, and shrieking! Still pretty discerning on the giggle front, but they are coming more and more easily.
She's been pretty clingy with me lately, which has been a little trying at times! I set her down and she immediately starts sobbing, or if Kevin is holding her, she's fine if I'm not in the room, but will fuss if I am in her sight until I take her. Which is tough on Kevin!! So we are working on making her be okay with other people! We had some friends babysit her last weekend and they said she was a perfect angel, so that was a relief! They have a baby exactly one day and one minute younger than her, so it was great to let her have a play date without us there!!
She loves peek-a-boo, and nursery rhymes with hand gestures. And singing! We listen to music all day and dance around, and love doing story time at the library, which is mostly songs!
What can I say, she's awesome, and we are so glad she came to live with us!



















No comments:
Post a Comment