Friday, February 27, 2015

8 months!!

Talia is 8 months old today, and it's been a big day!!!  Her first tooth popped out after a couple days of us thinking she was sick or having tummy troubles! It's the lower left one, and boy is it sharp!!!  So onto a new chapter in her development, and hoping for pain free nursing a more of these erupt!
Talia one month ago!

Talia yesterday!

She is a solid food eating machine!  There isn't a lot that she doesn't demolish and still want more.  We given her some sardines, plain yogurt (not a fan unless mixed with something else) cottage cheese, blueberries, bananas, whole wheat tortillas, rice cereal puffs, and little bits and pieces of things I am eating.  She gets pretty mad if I eat anything without her! Today, she grabbed her bowl of yogurt and blueberries, shoved her hand in, and proceeded to feed herself! We've given her little finger foods for the last couple weeks, but this was the most aggressive she's been about doing it herself!  I'm loving adding all these new flavors and seeing her motor skills developing.  Sometimes she has to think really hard about how to pick up a piece of food, but she rarely misses now! We also tried egg this morning, and it was not a super big hit.  We will keep trying, but it was a little disappointing she didn't like it right off the bat! :)


She's still not really making any movement toward crawling.  She can kind of roll back and forth to get to something if she is really motivated, but most of the time she's content to just sit somewhere.  She is getting better at getting to her tummy from sitting.  





She loves to talk to me and Kevin, but is pretty shy around most other people.  In fact, she's been downright clingy this month with me.  She's always been mama's girl, but she has taken it to new heights in the last few weeks. It's hard, because I want her to be independent and not shy!  But we are working through it, trying to just let her be frustrated that I am not holding her if I'm in the room and she generally gets over it within 5 minutes.  But oh the whining until then!!




We haven't had her weighed this month. It's been a little anxiety provoking for me to not check in on it, but she is getting bigger visibly, and she is eating like a champ.  When I pump, I generally get a little more than I was a few months ago, though it has been dropping again, so I need to do some power pumping to get it back up again before I go back to work.  But overall, nursing has been going a lot better generally.  She doesn't get as frustrated, and I try to offer as often as I can!  



She is still my little blondie with the biggest blue eyes! We are thinking the blue eyes are here to stay, which is cool!  It never occurred to me that I may have a blue eyed kid! :)  


Sleeping is going better a lot of the time, though we still struggle with naps most days. She seems to be lengthening her first nap of the day to an hour, though, which is awesome! I'm experimenting with dropping her third nap of the day, as she fights it really hard and then fights bedtime, too.  Still not sure if she needs it or if dropping it will help her take a longer midday nap!  Her night time sleep is generally awesome, usually 11-12 hours straight, but if she does wake up, it can be an hours long battle to get her back down!




Looking forward to seeing what the next month brings us! Lots more food, maybe some crawling, and probably more teeth! She's a delight, and I'm going to try to relish every last second I have with her this month!



1 comment:

Grammie said...

Pretty cute pictures of her month! She just gets cuter and cuter!! ....