Firstly, she sprouted a new tooth yesterday! She's now the proud owner of two tiny pearly whites, but I have yet to capture them on camera. She hadn't bitten me while breastfeeding until last night. Oh man did it ever hurt!!! Hopefully she won't do it again. :/
She is army crawling to her little heart's content! She started last week, and each day she gets faster and better at it! Today she started getting her little butt in the air more, so I think she will do a more traditional crawl soon. I have videos, but can't post from my phone, so I will have to do a separate post of that!
Crawling has improved her frustration levels SO much!!! She's a totally different baby most of the time, just happy to roam around, and knows if she needs or wants me, she can just scooch on over! It's also a lot of work, so she has been napping like a little champ! Most days this week I've gotten at least one, if not two good naps every day! It's been amazing!
She is still a pretty awesome night time sleeper, generally going 10-12 hours straight! It's super excellent! Most of the time if she wakes in the night, she now goes back to sleep fairly easily. I often have to hold her hand for 10-15 minutes, but I'll take that over screaming any day!
Talia loves to eat! She is now eating pretty much everything we do, and we try to make our dinners so we can share them. Leaving out salt and spice is not totally second nature yet, so she still has to eat purees I've made over the last couple months, but more and more she just eats a mashed or chopped version of our dinner. She has yet to refuse to eat something outright. She definitely has favorites though! She is crazy for blueberries and cheese, and will eat those first without fail when offered. She is liking eggs more and more, and went hog wild eating peanut butter off my finger today!
The most excellent part of her eating so well is she's been gaining weight like crazy! We've borrowed a friend's scale this week, and as of this morning she was 17 lbs 5oz, which is somewhere around the 30th percentile! What an incredible change in the last few months! While breastfeeding is still not without its challenges, it is much less stressful now that I know she is gaining weight not just well, but outstandingly! She's filling out all her clothes, and is quickly outgrowing 9 month clothes already! Woooooweeeee! We shall see how she does taking a bottle at daycare next month, and how my supply responds to pumping more often!!
She's becoming less shy, as long as we don't thrust her into anyone's arms too quickly. She adores waving at people, especially at the grocery. She's very smiley, and is quicker to laughter these days! She goes nuts for cats and dogs, as well as other babies. She babbles a ton, and has definitely called for "mama" when she is needing me! She doesn't do it consistently, but it's a start! She's not really using sign language, although she responds to us signing. She knows water, more, and up, and might be getting the hang of all done.
She went to a Sounders game with no problems, went bowling for the first time (mommy kicked butt!) and has had many awesome meals out with us. She's pretty darn easy going!
And now for my sad part of the post. On Wednesday, I go back to work part time, and she will be attending daycare at Kevin's office 3 days a week. We hadn't planned on her going until this summer, but our spot at the center opened up, and if we didn't take it we risked losing our spot entirely. I'm really not doing very well with the whole thing. But I'm trying to be positive about it, and I know she will have fun making new friends. I've never been away from her for more than a few hours during the day, though, and I'm going to miss her like crazy!!! We have so much fun together, she's the center of my universe, and being her mama is the best job I've ever had. We have had our rough patches, but the last couple months she has blossomed and become such a buddy, and I've finally relaxed and figured our days out! So I'm struggling with letting her go be with other people! I did visit the daycare this week for a couple hours, and they are totally wonderful and she had a great time. That makes it slightly easier. But man, I hate it! Wednesday will be our first day apart. Work better go easy on me! ;)



























No comments:
Post a Comment