Monday, April 27, 2015

10 months!

Today my baby is 10 months old!  Time is flying, and part of me wants to just MAKE IT STOP, and the other part of me is loving watching this little person grow and develop and become her big self!  And my how she is growing!

Talia is still army crawling, though she is starting to get up on all fours more and more often.  She just hasn't made a move from that position forward yet.  But she is a master army crawler, and gets herself around very quickly!
Talia one month ago!

Talia yesterday!

She is getting rug burns on her arm from pulling herself along! She has been figuring out how to get from her tummy to her bottom, which is exciting!  She's starting to pull up on things; boxes, tables, legs, etc.  She has great arm strength, but usually forgets to get her little legs involved! It's a lot to coordinate! :)








It's so exciting to see her mobility expanding, and we suppose some baby-proofing ought to happen now that she's pulling up on things and opening cabinets!  Ha!


She's understanding more and more of what we say, and responding!  She only signs "all done" consistently, but she understands "more", "nurse", "water" and "night night" and adorably does "how big is Talia" and waved and claps mostly on command.  We are working on pat-a-cake.  I'm trying to be more diligent in my use of signs, and slowly adding in more of them as she masters them.  So fun!!!


Eating continues to be one of her favorite parts of the day.  She gets three meals plus one snack, and is still nursing (or bottle feeding at daycare) 5-6 times a day.  Our usual routine is wake up around 6:15, nurse, breakfast at 8, nurse at 11, lunch at noon, nurse at 1, snack at 2, nurse at 4, dinner at 5:30, and nurse at 7pm.  Sometimes I sneak an extra nursing in the morning, and the last couple weeks she has been waking up at least once if not several times at night, and I nurse her sometimes for those if she has a hard time settling back down.  She's taking the bottle well at daycare, and I'm mostly keeping up with her, though I usually have to pump before bed to get a good amount to send to school.  I was sick her second week and that hurt my supply, but it's coming back up now.  


She's great at trying new foods!  This week she had cod, and she just inhaled it!!!  She couldn't shove it in her mouth fast enough!  I'm getting bored of most of the purees I've made, and I think she is, too, so we are trying to make more food that she can just enjoy a portion of our dinner each night.  She still needs food cut up small, especially because she likes to shove as much in as possible, so that has been a little bit of a limiting factor, but she is getting better every day!  We've been working on spoon skills, letting her out a preloaded spoon in her mouth is a piece of cake, and we've been letting her try to scoop food occasionally on her own. The other day she placed some Cheerios on the spoon with her fingers and then ate off the spoon!  That was cool!  I'm not sure how much she weighs, but the way she eats, I try not to dwell on it anymore.  Plus, we are a mere 2 months from my year goal of breastfeeding!!!!  Home stretch baby!!!  After that, we will be introducing some cows milk, but I will continue to nurse her when she likes.  I'm not sure how much I will keep pumping during the work day, but we will cross that bridge when we get there!



Sleeping has been a little tougher the last few weeks.  She is hit or miss with naps at daycare, and is back to only 30 minute naps at home most of the time.  I usually will hold her after she wakes up so she gets a good amount in for one nap each day, but it's frustrating that we've taken a step back on that front!  The daycare has been amazing working with her to try to get naps in.  They have moved her to a cot because they were finding they couldn't lay her in the crib without waking her, so now they rock her and then someone snuggles her as she lays on the cot until she falls asleep.  Most of the time she only naps once for half an hour, but she has had a few better days!


Night time sleep is funky, too.  We had to lower her crib a couple weeks ago when she started scaling, and as a short person that has been hard for me!  It's a looooong reach into that crib!!!! She's also working on 3 upper teeth, and obviously making major developmental changes, plus being away from me three days a week, has all added up to her not sleeping as well.  We are working through it, and since I'm working again, I've had to rely on Kevin a bit more often than I used to helping in the middle of the night.  I actually think it's good to have him do it more because he can't just feed her back to sleep, and let's be honest, I'm going to use that whenever possible to get her back to sleep as quickly as possible!  Lazy, tired mama! ;). This too shall pass, last night she only woke once at 4:30, so I think things will improve more over the next few days!







Daycare is going well, mostly!  I miss her so so much when she's gone, but she's adjusting well, liking her teachers, and drop off is going better for Kevin each time.  She's playing well, and eating tons!  We've only had one illness so far, and pretty sure that actually wasn't from daycare.  She did have a fever yesterday, but it was gone by the time she was home.  Hoping she has our good immune systems!!!







Once again, this feels disjointed since I wrote it over a few days!  The girl is happy, healthy, and the best thing ever!

No comments: