This pregnancy has been harder in a lot of ways. My body has been more tired, I have had a lot more aches and pains, I've been lazier and eaten worse! Despite all that, I still have gained essentially the same amount of weight that I did with Talia, so I can feel good about that! :)
We are deep in the throes of getting the house in shape for his arrival. We are trying for a home birth again, and crossing our fingers it works out this time. This last weekend, our entire house was chaos, cleaning and painting and organizing. We are getting close. The nursery needs a LOT of work still, but Kevin got the dresser painted and I did all the tiny baby laundry, so we just need to put it all back together now, and get a few last things.
Talia seems pretty excited to meet her brother. She gives him snuggles, and has started singing songs to him a lot. She also says that when he cries, she will hold him and make him not sad! So sweet!!!!
We haven't settled completely on a name, though I think we are close. We will wait until we meet him to be sure though!
I'm a lot more nervous for labor and delivery this time. I know I will do fine, but every time I think about how it went with Talia, I get pretty nervous for the pain and the amount of time it took! Even though I had a great labor and delivery, it's all still really nerve wracking to think about doing it again, so I've been kind of avoiding thinking about it! Which means that I feel even less prepared. Oh the vicious cycle!!!
I'm also nervous about where Talia is going to end up and if she is here while I'm in labor if it will freak her out. We are nailing down our contingency plans with all our friends and family, but the unknown of when it's all going to happen doesn't jive well with my "make all the plans" self!!! Haha! I've got a bag packed for her to go off to her grandparents for the day/night depending on how long not all takes, and lots of offers of help from friends, so I know it will be fine. I'm just nervous about waking her up or her seeing me in pain. She doesn't deal well with that at all!!!
I've been trying to relish my last few weeks with her as my only child. We get so busy sometimes, and working full time means I don't get to spend as much time with her as I'd like. This weekend was good though, she and I spent all day Saturday just playing, doing crafts, going to the park, reading, and snuggling! She's the best kid, I love spending time with her so much!!!
So now we just wait!!! Hoping he stays in another couple weeks, I think we all need a little more time to prepare for his arrival! But we are so very excited to meet him, and have our family become a family of 4!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment