In the middle of the scarf, it switches directions so that both sides point up. This was the hardest part of the pattern, but eventually I figured it out!
But the scarf excitement doesn't end there! Last week, the Seattle Sounders FC did a campaign around the city, putting up scarves in several neighborhoods for people to take and show their pride with! They canvassed Phinney Ridge, and Kevin went out to see if he could get any for us. Most of them were way out of reach, on the tops of light poles and such, that one would need a ladder to get down, but he did find on in the community center's garden. That one may have been dropped unintentionally, but he took it and was very excited to have his own. That afternoon, my friend Danielle and I were heading out for a walk around Green Lake, and tried to get the few left that we saw down, but they were too high up for a couple of shorties.
Then later this week, I came into work, and sitting on my desk was a present from Danielle! She had found one of the scarves outside of work the night before, and nabbed it for me! What an awesome friend!!! I was so thrilled (especially because I really didn't want to have to knit one for myself after spending so much time on Kevin's scarf!)
Well, the excitement continued yesterday. When Kevin was biking through Fremont to go to school, the Sounders had struck again! He said there was somewhere around 40 scarves hung up in various areas of Fremont, and he had come prepared with his pocketknife to cut some down! They were all ziptied to posts and whatnot. So he cut one down, and then waited a little while, then cut another down and waited awhile. He didn't want to look greedy, but he needed 4 more scarves to deck out the family for our first match next week! So all told, we now have 6 scarves: me, Kevin, Adam, Erin, Neal, and Susan! No mini ones for Corbchops, but maybe an auntie will have to remedy that! Are scarves safe for 9 month olds? Perhaps some wristbands or a hat? :)
Then later this week, I came into work, and sitting on my desk was a present from Danielle! She had found one of the scarves outside of work the night before, and nabbed it for me! What an awesome friend!!! I was so thrilled (especially because I really didn't want to have to knit one for myself after spending so much time on Kevin's scarf!)
Well, the excitement continued yesterday. When Kevin was biking through Fremont to go to school, the Sounders had struck again! He said there was somewhere around 40 scarves hung up in various areas of Fremont, and he had come prepared with his pocketknife to cut some down! They were all ziptied to posts and whatnot. So he cut one down, and then waited a little while, then cut another down and waited awhile. He didn't want to look greedy, but he needed 4 more scarves to deck out the family for our first match next week! So all told, we now have 6 scarves: me, Kevin, Adam, Erin, Neal, and Susan! No mini ones for Corbchops, but maybe an auntie will have to remedy that! Are scarves safe for 9 month olds? Perhaps some wristbands or a hat? :)
Apparently, Kevin has a scarf pose!
So we are looking forward to the first match on Thursday, should be a very exciting event! Everyone root for the Sounders! WOOOOHOOOO! Oh, we also got our tix for opening day for the Mariners, so let baseball AND soccer season begin!
2 comments:
I was in Fremont around 8AM, and I think a lot had already been picked up, at least the ones that were easy to reach. I'm glad I got there when I did because there were lots of people pouring out of the office buildings with scissors in hand.
On my way home there was not a single scarf to be seen. There definitely must have been some ladders out, because some were pretty high up.
Oh, and in my defense, the pictures of the two different scarves were taken a week apart, otherwise I wouldn't have overused my patented Scarf-Pose.
Thanks for the scarf, love!
Looks like a pretty good scarf! Corbin might need a new Sounders colored hat, if you are needing ideas. Maybe that is what I should have suggested for an idea for what to do today :-)
Post a Comment