Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An author meeting

Today, Lisa Lutz came by the bookstore to sign copies of her books, which I have talked up before. I found out she was coming yesterday, and got super excited to meet her. Of course, once she showed up, and I got called out of the stockroom to see her, I got all panicky and turned right back around. Shyness seized me, and I needed to get a little pep talk to go back out there to say hi. I know, silly!

Anyway, she was autographing books, and I started gushing about how much I like her books, and that I suggest them to customers all the time, and she seemed genuinely excited to hear what I had to say. I snagged a hardcover of the first book, and was starting to walk away when she asked if I would like her to personalize it to me. Woohoo! It was really cool to get to talk to an author who I enjoyed reading, and I am glad I got over my momentary paralyzing fear of talking to people! Wish I'd done the same when Steven Pinker came in...next time, Mr. Pinker, you're mine!

For Seattle area folks, she will be reading at the Ballard Public Library tomorrow at 6:30pm.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I always get a little flustered talking to famous authors.

Wait, I get flustered talking to anyone...

I mean, er, thanks!

What are we talking about?

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you'd gotten to meet her. I got my copies signed down at Seattle Mystery today.