There are two ways up to the Tiger Mountain Summit #3, one that is more popular and less steep, but also longer, and another way that is STEEP and shorter, and also unmaintained. I was feeling pretty confident, so I gave the go-ahead to take the tougher trail. Whoooweee, it was a doozy! It was very steep, and started getting pretty snowy in the last mile or so, but the views from the top were well worth the aching calves and quads!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Tiger Mountain 3
On Sunday, Kevin and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and called up our friend Robin to go hiking. We thought we'd try out the Issaquah Alps, and Tiger Mountain sounded like the best bet for sunny weather and great views. We headed out around 11am, and got going around noon. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot and along the road leading up to it, but it still seemed like a great hike, so we braved the crowds!
There are two ways up to the Tiger Mountain Summit #3, one that is more popular and less steep, but also longer, and another way that is STEEP and shorter, and also unmaintained. I was feeling pretty confident, so I gave the go-ahead to take the tougher trail. Whoooweee, it was a doozy! It was very steep, and started getting pretty snowy in the last mile or so, but the views from the top were well worth the aching calves and quads!






The slippery trail back down! We decided to head back down along the more maintained, well-traveled trail, which was good since it wasn't as steep, but also very very slippery since more people had been on it! It was an adventure where there was still snow on the ground. A great hike, definitely worth the trip up!
There are two ways up to the Tiger Mountain Summit #3, one that is more popular and less steep, but also longer, and another way that is STEEP and shorter, and also unmaintained. I was feeling pretty confident, so I gave the go-ahead to take the tougher trail. Whoooweee, it was a doozy! It was very steep, and started getting pretty snowy in the last mile or so, but the views from the top were well worth the aching calves and quads!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sliding was definitely the most efficient mode of transport on the way down.
And, no pictures, but Mt. Rainier was also peaking out from behind the hills to the south. Quite the viewpoint.
Post a Comment