Monday, June 15, 2009

Con"grad"ulations, Kevin!

On Saturday morning, Kevin graduated from UW's Civil Engineering program. I couldn't be more proud of my husband and all he has accomplished! Susan, Mark, Neal, and I were there to cheer him on during his department graduation, and we sure hollered when he crossed that stage! What a momentous occasion.




After a nice reception, we all headed back toward the island to get our party on! Susan and Mark graciously hosted our gathering at their house, and we gathered most of our family and a few wonderful friends to celebrate our guy!
Corbin is getting crazy smart and becoming an expert walker. He has figured out signing in the last couple weeks like nobody's business. We witnessed "more", "book", "baby", "nurse", "cat", "water", and maybe some others that I forget! Smarty pants and cute as a button!


We finally got the nephews together for the first time since the wedding when they were 8 weeks and 5 weeks old! Jackson wasn't so sure what to make of Corbin, but Corbin thought Jackson was pretty interesting! He kept pointing at him and signing "baby"! They will have to have more visits, since they are cousins-in-law!

Does life get any better than this? I don't think so! (Although the boys look like they have had better times!)

Uncle Kevin snags some love!

The D brothers, Nate and Jackson! Nate is just about done with school, and is heading off for the entire month of July to visit family in Illinois. He is flying by himself for the first time, very exciting and grown up!

Could this kid be any more handsome? I don't think so!

Joe and Lo love on Jackson too!

Going to check out the farm and the chickens!

Kevin was not expecting gifts, and it was really thoughtful of everyone to celebrate him! He got some great gift cards, a cool new game, a Sounders t-shirt, and from me, he will be getting a Bocce Ball set!



Kevin has accepted a position, so he graduated and has a job, which is quite a relief! Now he gets to enjoy a month and a half off with no responsibilities, so if anyone wants to bug him, be my guest! Some of us have to work all summer! :)

Sunday, Susan, Mark, Kevin, and I headed over to Vashon Island to the cabin they are renting this summer. I will post about that later! What an awesome weekend! Thank you everyone for making it a special day for us!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Yes, thanks everyone for a great weekend!