Saturday, March 27, 2010

A good day's work!

We set about removing another large bush from the yard today, to make a bed for zucchini to live in later this spring. It was a large bush, and of course I can't remember what it's called even though Susan told me three or four times! :) Susan and I had removed it's smaller neighbor last weekend to make room for raspberry canes, and she suggested removing the larger one too since it looked like it was dying anyway! So we got to work on it this afternoon, and are pleased with the results!
Kevin getting to work with the loppers

That is a nice big root!

Bush-be-gone!

The pile of brush after Kevin smooshed it down!


We found this bird's nest in the bush, and felt a little bad for having cut it down. There weren't any chicks or eggs in it, so we assumed it was an old nest. A cool find though! I threw a rock in there, cuz I'm crafty like that. :)

Now we have another half a truck load of yard waste to add to the already waiting full truck load from last weekend to get rid of! We also weeded a ton, and felt really good about all we got done today. The yard is shaping up quite nicely, and we are enjoying making some changes of our own to it. The tulips in the yard are getting ready to burst open, and that will make me ever so happy!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey, I'm balancing on two fluorescent light bulb tubes! Oh, wait, those are my legs...

Montana Mama said...

WOW! Looks GREAT! BUSHES BEWARE!!