Mmmmmm, now that was a goooooooooood dinner! I have been slightly obsessed with udon noodles of late, and was excited to find this recipe, and that broccoli was on sale at Central Market! I did something I try not to do too often, which was to adapt the recipe the first time I made it, but I knew what I wanted tonight.
I adapted this from a recipe on Post Punk Kitchen. Mostly I just added more veggies and a lot more noodles since we wanted to eat this for a couple of days. It makes 4-6 servings.
Broccoli Curry Udon:
32 oz fresh udon noodles
Olive or canola oil for sauteeing
1 pound broccoli florettes (6 cups)
Medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
4-6 mushrooms, sliced thickly
2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
Big pinch red pepper flakes
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth mixed with 3 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup light coconut milk
Bring 6 quarts water to boil in a large pot, add noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes, drained and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil, add broccoli and a little water, cover, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Remove lid, add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and cook until veggies are tender but still crisp, about 3 more minutes. Remove to a large bowl.
In the same skillet, add garlic and ginger to a small amount of oil, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, then the broth and cornstarch mixture, curry powder, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and stir until the sauce has thickened a little. Add coconut milk and heat through.
Add the noodles back into the sauce, and stir until coated and the noodles are heated back through, then add the veggies back and stir until well combined. Serve in large pasta bowls, top with sesame seeds and sambal.
Note, in the future I will make more sauce for this amount of noodles, but it was rather tasty as is! I just like a lot of sauce! Yum yum!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment