It is so amazing how much she has changed in her short life. She's gone from a little lump who only cries, eats, and sleeps to this amazing little person with a huge personality! We can tell she's going to be a little spitfire, and she's definitely got a sense of humor! She's fascinated by the world, quite to the detriment of her ability to sleep! There's just too much to learn about and stare down!!!
She's discovered she has hands and feet, and is getting very good at sticking her hands in her mouth, which is super handy for her self-soothing! She ADORES her daddy, absolutely lighting up for him when he comes home or he plays with her! She's starting to like nursery rhymes (which means I should probably learn a few more!) and sometimes will sit and listen to us read a book to her!
She is still a tiny thing, weight-wise. I'm guessing she hit 10 pounds today if her weight trend has stayed the same. I'm trying some things to boost my milk supply, as it does appear to be on the low side, but our pediatrician isn't too concerned with her weight at this point. She is loooong though! Definitely taking after Kevin, long and lean!
I still am not in love with breastfeeding, but it's getting easier! And not having to deal with bottles is great! As long as she keeps growing, I'm trying very hard bit to stress about it, which is hard for me! But it's so important to be relaxed, otherwise it's a viscous cycle of not producing enough because I'm stressed I'm not producing enough! Ha!
Being home alone with her is getting easier and more fun. We have a rhythm to our days, not a schedule. We sleep in, I run around and get some things done while she's content, we eat, we try to nap, and we try to get out of the house every day! Sometimes a walk to the park, or a trip to the grocery. I'm hoping we will start meeting up with more people who have babies soon, which will require me breaking out of my shy shell! :)
We are on our first real trip this week! Kevin had work in Sandpoint, Idaho, and long before she was born we thought it would be a fun trip for me and her to tag along for! And it has been! We took off on Monday and drove out here, normally a 5-6 hour trip. It took us about 9! We had to stop a couple times for some good long stretches and nursing sessions! She was totally awesome, content in her car seat until about 40 minutes outside of town! Not shabby! I had bought a couple pacifiers before we left for emergency use in the car, and we were both glad to have them! We don't want to use them much, but it definitely made the end of the trip easier on all of us! While Kevin is working, she and I have filled our time with wandering town, hanging at the beach, and enjoying the fact that I don't need to do anything other than be with her for a few days! No dishes or laundry! Yay!!!
I can't wait to see what this little girl is up to in another month! We might have some laughs and some rolling over!!! And for sure, she just gets cuter every single day! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment