Sunday, September 28, 2014

3 Months!


Yesterday Talia turned 3 months old, and we celebrated by leaving her with Kevin's family and going on my longest outing without her. I'd previously only left her for 2 hours, and this was 5 hours! Oh how I cried!!! We decided it wasn't worth taking her to Sounders games anymore, since none of us has had much fun on our previous 2 attempts! So Friday we packed up and headed to the island for a full family visit!

This girl is becoming a pro at riding the ferries!


Snuggles from grandma and grandpa Dewey!

It was really hard to leave her, I cried a lot!  But I knew she was in very capable hands with her aunt Erin, uncle Adam, grandma and grandpa Shaffer, and her cousins Corbin and Eliza! They were doing the annual cider pressing, so there were lots of hands on deck and fun going on!

Kevin and I had a great time at the game, especially when we started winning!  I enjoyed my first alcoholic beverage in a year, though I probably won't be drinking again for some time. It didn't really agree with my tummy, and I hated having to pump and dump.  Timing her feeding and my drinking just didn't work well for me to keep it!  All that beautiful milk down the drain! :)



She did great though, and even got to be fed by her little cousins, which is pretty cute and fun!  It made me feel good that I can actually get away for a few hours, but boy did I miss her!!! I smothered her with kisses like crazy when we got in the door!

In a complete reversal of previous weeks, Talia has gone from not sleeping at all to sleeping like a crazy person! It started last Friday when she actually took 3 naps, and then slept for a 5 hour stretch. She has continued to sleep really well during the day, napping at least 2 hours for one of the naps and then another hour or 2 for her other naps most days.  The crazy thing though has been her night sleep!  She has increased the length every night, for a record of ten hours (!!!!!!!!) straight on Friday night!!!! What?!  I could not believe it! And of course could not enjoy it because I had to get up and pump twice during the night and was really not sure how long she should sleep! I let her go though and she just kept snoozing away!  Last night was a much more reasonable sleep, just waking once at 2:45am.  I can't believe I'm saying that I'm glad she woke up in the middle of the night, but since she went from eating every couple hours all night long to not waking a single time, my body was completely out of sync and producing way more milk than she was eating!  But I'm soooooo happy she is sleeping well for now, and hope it continues!

We've been having her sleep exclusively in her room and it's working pretty well! Kevin and I don't have to creep around in the evening as much, and can enjoy some time before we go to bed to read it talk!  We've also been putting her down for her naps when she is drowsy rather than totally rocking her to sleep, so that she learns how to soothe herself to sleep.  It has been going really well! Kevin is really good at it, I need some practice and to not be scared of her waking up right away! :)  We are kind of nap crazy right now, since she is so much more fun and happy when she has slept! Which we realize we need to chill about a bit, especially when visiting family who aren't used to waking around on eggshells anymore. It's hard to relax though, I have PTSD from the last couple months of sleepless days and nights!! 

She's becoming more and more fun every day!  She's becoming more and more aware of everything around her, taking more interest in people and the world around her.  When we go for walks in the stroller, she looks around tons instead of falling asleep.  She smiles socially, and is giving little kisses to me and Kevin.  She still hasn't giggled, but she lets you know when she thinks something is funny!  

Her dexterity is improving all the time.  She easily holds onto things and even accidentally threw a couple items this weekend!  She's got almost complete control of getting her hands to her mouth, which means she can soothe herself pretty well!  She loves kicking her activity mat pals around, and babbles away at them.  


She's still my tiny little thing, maybe closing in on 12 pounds in the next week.  But she's getting little rolls in all the right places, and is bright eyed and happy, so I try not to worry about it as much as I used to!  

Happyn3 months to the prettiest little lady, looking forward to seeing what this month brings! Hopefully giggles and some sitting up and more rolling over!

No comments: